iDine rocks!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iDine rocks!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2002, 9:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by siliconengineer:
In the SJC area, I can get a taco from one of the Una Mas chain for under $2 for an extra 500 miles.</font>
I just love the way you think, Silicon!

Old Apr 6, 2002, 9:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flyaway:
I will be in NYC the evening of May 4. Anyone suggest a great restaurant appearing on the idine list?

</font>
Flyaway: I asked another FT'r this same question via email. He (TUDORCITY) was kind enough to give me some detailed info. Here are his recommmendations with a comment on the ones we tried:

Dallas BBQ (Times Square)This was great! Very crowded and I can see why. Cheap, good and plentiful. Plus, Tudocity recommends that you go for early bird specials.

Salmon River

Michaels Cafe (East side Italian)

An American Place (Tudorcity says best Idine in the city)

TGIF Times Square (We went there because we have teenagers who love Fridays)

JT's Grill (41st and Madison)

Frer Jacques and Madison Bistro for French (Madison and 37th ST)

Rossini's (38th and Park)

Heartland Brewery (several locations) We tried it and it was good.

We would have loved to have tried more but found we were usually eating on the run. Hope this helps!
Old Apr 7, 2002, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Barolo in Soho for excellent Italian food. I was there last night, and am still savoring the food.

They are also on Open Table, so you can use the link on the FT home page to make a reservation.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 04-07-2002).]
Old Apr 7, 2002, 11:50 am
SST

Silicon Engineer: Have you *actually received* the extra miles for 3x dining yet? I --always-- hit about 6-10 of the idine restaurants per month, and despite being ExecutivePlatinum, I haven't received any extra mileage since they discontinued that program a year ago February.

If you have received these extra miles lately, who do you think I should complain to, idine or AA?
Old Apr 7, 2002, 8:57 pm

SST,
Have not gotten it for this year yet, but idine has always been slow about the bonuses. Got a bonus in December for a promotion, IIRC, in the summer.

However, if you want to check, suggest you start with idine first.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paradocs:
Flyaway: I asked another FT'r this same question via email. He (TUDORCITY) was kind enough to give me some detailed info. Here are his recommmendations with a comment on the ones we tried:

Dallas BBQ (Times Square)This was great! Very crowded and I can see why. Cheap, good and plentiful.
</font>
I forgot Dallas was part of Idine, thanks. They also have one on 23rd I believe, it's a great place for BBQ (about as good as you will get in a city that makes it very tough to have a smoker)

Old Apr 7, 2002, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
The 500 bonus miles for elite status holders for AA miles started in March - and I haven't seen my regular miles post to my account yet so we will see if they post at the same time or if there is a lag. The bonus last year - I forget exactly what the bonus was but it was a one time thing - so many visits in a time frame - those 500 miles only recently posted. I had forgotten all about it. They had this monthly bonus a while back, but at that time I think it was for everyone, not just elite, but I'm not sure.

------------------
DtG
Old Apr 8, 2002, 3:30 pm

Never used idine, though I would love to. The reason - there is only ONE restaurant the entire Toledo area that participates in the program, and I can't stand the place. Anyone know how much it costs a restaurant to be a part of idine, or how to recommend to restaurants that they join?
Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:19 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
It doesn't cost the restaurant to be part of Idine. They get funding from Idine and pay back through the program. You could say they do it to improve the traffic and the bottom line.

I use it to find places to eat in strange cities.

Old Apr 8, 2002, 11:36 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lyss710:
Never used idine, though I would love to. The reason - there is only ONE restaurant the entire Toledo area that participates in the program, and I can't stand the place. Anyone know how much it costs a restaurant to be a part of idine

You may want to browse this website that explains how Idine attracts customers, which any restaurant in Toledo will be interested.
http://www.freshcustomers.com/

or how to recommend to restaurants that they join?

Talk to the owners of the restaurants you like or simply write visit-- http://www.freshcustomers.com/
in the receipt, a fellow FT member does that.

[This message has been edited by eperaltaotero (edited 04-08-2002).]
Old Apr 9, 2002, 10:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
The 500 bonus miles for elite status holders for AA miles started in March - and I haven't seen my regular miles post to my account yet so we will see if they post at the same time or if there is a lag. The bonus last year - I forget exactly what the bonus was but it was a one time thing - so many visits in a time frame - those 500 miles only recently posted. I had forgotten all about it. They had this monthly bonus a while back, but at that time I think it was for everyone, not just elite, but I'm not sure.

</font>
Darn, I thought I had those bonuses for Jan and Feb.

But, I have seen my Jan and beginning of Feb restaurants credits in my online AA account for several weeks already.

Old Apr 9, 2002, 12:12 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
no hat trick por moi. feb postings
Old Apr 9, 2002, 1:47 pm

Is anyone aware of any bonuses available to DL or CO members?
Old Apr 9, 2002, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
UAL MP Members:

Earn twice the miles — that’s 20 per dollar!

From April 1st through May 30th (Sundays through Thursdays) — Earn twice the miles (that’s 20 miles for every dollar you spend!) on your food, drinks, tax, and tips at 1,500+ specially selected restaurants across the country.

http://mpdining.idine.com/site/member_support/whats_special.jht ml;$sessionid$GEYZ0PDEHOMSSAIRAYLRKHA#minisearch

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited 04-09-2002).]
Old Apr 11, 2002, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I try to dine at a couple iDine resturants in each city (I travel weekly). I jot down notes about the resturant, meal, prices, etc... and pass this information along to co-workers who might pass through the area.

Is there anywhere people can go to post iDine experiences/resturant reviews?

It's almost too much to ask for a searchable index to iDine reviews by FF's - but it would wonderful. I can certainly contribute a few reviews if such a place exists.

If anyone knows of such a place, let me know - and I'm sure many other FF's here would also benefit.

Thanks,

Pakse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.