Wiki Posts
Search

KLIA Ekspres opens on 4/14

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2002, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
KLIA Ekspres opens on 4/14

Has anyone heard about the opening of the express rail from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to downtwon KL? I'm actually going to be there on 4/15 and thinking of taking it. Do you think it will be working properly by then?
Old Apr 2, 2002, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There was a post somewhere on FT about this last week. It contained a link to the transit company's site, which indicated the start date for regular service was actually the 19th of April. They were going to be doing free tests prior to that date. I fly in there myself on the 20th, so am looking forward to giving it a try into Central Station and then continuing on to the Sheraton from there. Let us know how this new service rates, and what transfers in the city are like.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 5:32 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Below are 2 links that will help:
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/asi...12011,00.html?

http://thestar.com.my/kliaekspres/

------------------
kpc

[This message has been edited by kpc (edited 04-02-2002).]
Old Apr 3, 2002, 12:56 pm

Thank you for the links and info. I am happy to hear about the train. The bus took forever into KL. Also, sad to hear about the closing of the domestic airport, it is so much closer and easier to KL.

Love the Sheraton Imperial... would go back for that hotel alone .

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
HH GLD, SCI GLD, MM SIL
LE PRESIDENT ETERNEL DE CAMAIR-CAMEROUN AIRLINES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.