Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

You wouldn't buy roses for VD would you?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You wouldn't buy roses for VD would you?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2002, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">No, I wouldn't purchase roses for VD because the following week they'll be 50% the price. I'd ask my b-friend to just save the $$ and put it towards an airline ticket!</font>
A woman after my own heart.

JS: No VD flowers for you!
Old Jan 28, 2002, 5:50 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Girl's viewpoint. I assume that these roses were for her, and actually got to her.

If not, and you are not clear on this point contact your lawyer now, and preferably drain the joint bank account as a precautionary methord in the event that she has not donoe so first!

If I discovered that Him Indoors was sending roses to another woman (or another man for that matter) he and the kitchen poker would make contact.

Hell hath no fury....
Old Jan 28, 2002, 7:39 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
Hell hath no fury....</font>
...like an FTer stuck in coach.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
No, I wouldn't purchase roses for VD because the following week they'll be 50% the price. I'd ask my b-friend to just save the $$ and put it towards an airline ticket! </font>
Two days after they are $5 to $10 a dozen at many of the local shops. I grow roses in the summer, and buy three or four dozen now, not only to have them around the house, but to get all those little vials you stick on the end to keep the garden ones fresh when bringing them to the office, etc. The vials alone cost more then what they sell the flowers for after VD (intentionally abbreviated because only somebody with way too much stress in their life would complain about abbreviating Valentines Day in a thread about roses)

[This message has been edited by cordelli (edited 01-28-2002).]
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:36 am

But what if you could get 112.5 miles per dollar when you bought roses using a Goldpoints/Radisson arbitrage? Would you find the most expensive "rare" roses and donate them to a local nursing home?
Old Jan 28, 2002, 5:58 pm

I confess that although I didn't buy my sweet roses *just* for the points, I did look to see who had the best points deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.