Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duration of Federal Travel Restrictions after 9/11

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2002, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Duration of Federal Travel Restrictions after 9/11

Our small business had a number of contracts cancelled post 9/11 which required domestic and international travel. For tax/accounting purposes in documenting the business loss, I need to know that exact dates that air travel was 'restricted' by the Federal government after September 11th. In addition, it would be helpful to know how long after the tragedy the Feds advised against travel to Europe. Can anyone suggest a way to get this info?
Old Jan 24, 2002, 8:04 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
What do you mean by "restricted?" It was only a fairly brief period when no flights were allowed (until 9/13), but most airlines did not resume a regular schedule until much later. As for flights to Europe being advised against, I don't recall this ever quite being the case. You can look at the state department's travel warnings and advisories here: http://travel.state.gov/travel_warnings.html
It gives the dates they were issued. There's a broad general one that advises Americans abroad to watch for problems, watch the news, stay in touch with the consulate, etc.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks, letiole. I'll check that state dept. link and check with the individual airlines to see when schedules resumed.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 9:00 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Ever since all this BS "secuirty" was enacted, they've been tacitly advising people to just stay home.

------------------
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither." - Ben Franklin
Old Jan 24, 2002, 12:15 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
If this helps at all with checking with the individual airlines, Southwest was up and running the fastest and United was the slowest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.