Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Mileage Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL - P1, AA - PLT
Question Asia Mileage Help

Hello...I am trying to plan a trip to Asia this Dec-Jan. The desired intinerary would include HKG and BKK traveling from ORD. Would like to be in HKG for New Years if possible. Looking for a total trip time of 12-14 days. Would like to travel in Biz or FC and have the following miles to use:

Me: 145,000 Mileage Plus and 200,000 AA Advantage
Girlfriend: 95,000 Mileage Plus and 25,000 AA Advantage

We are willing to swap miles and pay some fees if necessary......

Any guidance from you savy folks would be greatly appreciated.....getting gray hair trying to make this work. Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello & welcome to FlyerTalk!

This forum is primarily for people that are trying to earn miles & not really cash them out. I'm going to go ahead & move this to the MilesBuzz forum where you may get some better assistance. Normally, we'd move it to the general airline forums, but since you're dealing with both AA & UA Miles, it won't fit into just one forum.

As for your options - I'm not 100% certain what the routings are, but I know you can get to BKK in Biz for 90K miles using UA miles & I'm sure you could route through HKG on the way to BKK. Depending on how much a One World Award trip would be, you could probably use the 200K AA miles for a Biz trip on AA/CX to BKK & do a stop over in HKG for free.

Good luck!

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:08 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Originally Posted by cprduds
Hello...I am trying to plan a trip to Asia this Dec-Jan. The desired intinerary would include HKG and BKK traveling from ORD. Would like to be in HKG for New Years if possible. Looking for a total trip time of 12-14 days. Would like to travel in Biz or FC and have the following miles to use:

Me: 145,000 Mileage Plus and 200,000 AA Advantage
Girlfriend: 95,000 Mileage Plus and 25,000 AA Advantage

We are willing to swap miles and pay some fees if necessary......

Any guidance from you savy folks would be greatly appreciated.....getting gray hair trying to make this work. Thanks

Call AA advatage you need 220K for two C class tickets and you can use any partner airline. The problem will be finding the space if you are not an EXP.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
It's only 90K each for one C class Star Alliance ticket to Asia. Just as above poster said, you will be hard pressed to find seats during peak travel season. But it's not impossible - you just gotta be flexible. Try different combinations.. ie UA, SQ, NH, TG, OZ, AC to get to your final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.