Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for buying house?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2006, 11:48 am

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, Delta, AA, UsAirways, AmWest, NWA, United
Originally Posted by TRRed
As a seller though, where you have some negotiating power for commission, if you work through one of these programs, you are probably stuck with standard full commission. My experience a few years ago when selling my townhouse was that the realtor would rather cut the commission rate than work through a miles program, though I don't think one is supposed to contact a realtor directly first.
We used a realtor to buy a house through the lending tree program several years ago and got a pretty bad realtor first, but we asked for a new one and got a better one. We got around 60k delta miles then and were pretty satisfied since we didn't pay commission anyway, but I doubt I'd use a realtor to buy since like TRRed mentions you might get a cut off the commission %.
Old May 28, 2006, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Only do it if you were going to get that loan vendor anyways. WHy would you say, pay an extra 3/8 of a percent for 30 years to get 40k miles? It only m akes sense if you were going for that vendor in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.