Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FF Perk - Jail Blankets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 1999, 11:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
New FF Perk - Jail Blankets

Take a look at the CNN.com story on the stranded travelers.

http://www.cnn.com/WEATHER/9901/05/winter.weather.01/
Old Jan 5, 1999, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Very interesting. I bet some inmates are not that happy with that arrangement- taking away their property and give them away to the "stressed out and stranded" flyers.

But that also triggers another thought. How do airlines clean their blankets/pillows? Do they actually change it on every flight or they just fold them back?
Old Jan 5, 1999, 1:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
... sometimes I prefer not to know to many details ...
Old Jan 5, 1999, 1:55 pm
Original Member

This came up in another thread earlier. Someone said that the fact the blanket was wrapped in plastic was reassuring. I'm not sure it is.
Old Jan 5, 1999, 2:32 pm
Commander Catcop

I would hope that they are washed frequently, like daily.

It's seems the passengers who get stranded get those ugly grey jail blankets while those IN the plane get the nicer softer blue ones.
I remember being given a jail blanket when I was stranded in Pittsburgh. It did not look clean, and I only sleep on down pillows so
I turned my jacket into a blanket and my
hat into a pillow and laid out on teh floor.

It was after then that I signed up for HIlton, Marriott Sheraton and Westin's Frequent guest programs. I will NOT be forced
to sleep in an airport again! CATMAN

Old Jan 5, 1999, 2:46 pm
pgupta011

Here's another interesting story from CNN:

http://cnn.com/TRAVEL/NEWS/9901/04/safe.landing.ap/index.html

Old Jan 5, 1999, 6:04 pm
Original Member

Some of you will remember my story involving a blanket on American (and I will not go into details). It is my understanding that if the blanket is not wrapped up in plastic there is no gaurantee that it was cleaned before you use it. On American, the blue blankets are usually folded up after a flight and reused. I do not know how often they are cleaned.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 7:57 am
Original Member

I can only speak for CO but I know that they blankets are washed every time that the plane is catered. If the plane makes a stop at a city that is not their hub, the plane does not usually get catered and the blankets just get re-folded. Once the plane is cleaned, the blankets are removed, washed and replaced.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 8:35 pm
Original Member

I have seen so many disgusting things done with airline blankets and pillows by staff and passengers, that I absolutely refuse to use them under any circumstance. Even in the middle of summer I bring my trusty hand knitted sweater with me on all flights and a coat in the winter in addition to the sweater!
Old Jan 20, 1999, 10:18 am
Original Member

I only use the blankets if they are wrapped, and I always put my head on my jacket that I bring with me..even in the summer. I only use the pillow to rest me arm on or put behind my back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.