1,000 Free Hilton Points Right Now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 Free Hilton Points Right Now

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2000, 12:59 am
Suspended

Signed up for 3000 for my husband as well, who was not already a HHmember .... thanks Ozystamps. Took me 2 minutes. Fastest points he ever got.

[This message has been edited by janejet (edited 09-06-2000).]
Old Sep 6, 2000, 10:45 am

thanks, 1000 quick points for saying I prefer to stay near the elevator!!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 11:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

...and I prefer to be far away from the elevators. Too much noise!

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Sep 6, 2000, 12:56 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
got my 2000, thanks OZ, wouldnt have done it without your post...
Old Sep 6, 2000, 1:29 pm

Can't log on to the Hilton website! Will try again in the morning when all you yanks are asleep.

Leave a few thousand points for me please!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 2:28 pm

LOL - yep I think our little thread sort of snowballed the other day. I too had some problems with that part of the Hilton site. I can only wonder if they have guessed who is responsible for the surge of people switching to n/s rooms and king beds!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 2:54 pm

ozstamps:

Thanks for the 1,000 HHilton Points.

What else can you offer?
Old Sep 6, 2000, 4:11 pm

Well, I certainly enjoyed this thread. This is FlyerTalk the way it SHOULD be! Everyone is happy and getting points and this is a great easy 2000-3000 points. I hope we keep this up. Thank ozstamps!

For further information, I signed up both myself and my wife as first timers, so we got 3000 points apiece. Then I asked HHonors if we can combine the accounts. With proof, we can! So that's a total of 6000 points.

But it gets better! I had 6750 nearly orphaned points with TWA, an airline I NEVER fly. They had been there since 1992 and I had almost forgotten. Well somebody on FlyerTalk (sorry, I can't remember who) let me know that I could turn those miles into HHonors points also. 5000 useless miles got me 10,000 HHonors points for a total of 16,000! 16,000! And all this cost me nothing!

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac

------------------
Via con Dios!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 4:11 pm

Thanks, ozstamps!!

Signed up and ended up with 3000 points! Yay! ^_^
Old Sep 6, 2000, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
For some reason, the site doesn't want to give me the 1,000 miles. I got the 1k signup and 1k profile thing posted beginning of June.

And still have to deal with HHonors with 2 missing stays in August (1st and 4th stays posted, but 1st w/o miles).
Old Sep 6, 2000, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

macbravery .. good info! Yes, free miles seems to appeal to more people than hooded FT old boys running around with fake new no e-mail handles just to initiate flames with me - rather than suggest new ways for others to add miles!

You made a nice point the Hilton allowed you to combine the free 3000 for you and your wife = 6000 points = a free weekend Hilton night right there as I read the redemption rules.

I am not plugged into Hilton rules, as have mostly been Sheraton/Starwood for 20 years.

Does Hilton allow you to sign up a husband, wife, and say 2 children in the program, all get 3000 points, and then combine those 12,000 into one aco....?

If someone knows the rules and can post here, it really may be a meaningful mileage tip for the day for many of you!

Go chase those free points!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Sep 6, 2000, 7:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/faqs.html
Old Sep 6, 2000, 8:07 pm

Thank you, ozstamps, every thousand points count. And that goes double!
Old Sep 6, 2000, 9:21 pm

Apropos another thread ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/003307.html ), when a company offers something of value for its customers to provide updated information about themselves, and the customer either (a) provides false information and accepts the item of value, or (b) provides false information, accepts the item of value, then corrects the false information the customer provided and again accepts the item of value, does that amount to theft?

If one argues that it doesn't, what then is the consideration the company has received for the item of value the customer obtained from it?

(Edited to fix the link.)

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 09-06-2000).]
Old Sep 6, 2000, 10:14 pm

Originally posted by Counsellor
...when a company offers something of value for its customers to provide updated information about themselves, and the customer either (a) provides false information and accepts the item of value, or (b) provides false information, accepts the item of value, then corrects the false information the customer provided and again accepts the item of value, does that amount to theft?
I believe it does. That's why I chose to participate once, contrary to what my previous post implies. I would think that HHonors would have built in controls to avoid this type of double (or triple) dipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.