Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Expedia bargain fares..Are they??

Old Jul 3, 2001, 4:56 am
Original Poster

I need 6 tickets from Atlanta to san diego...Expedia's bargain of $209 with 0-1 connections sounds to good to be true. Will I be traveling all day??? Have you tried their bargain fares???
Old Jul 3, 2001, 11:27 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
It's just like Hotwire, where you cannot choose the carrier or time of travel. It's similar to Priceline, but in this case, you are offered the price rather than you having to put in a bid.

Personally, I would like to choose the carrier and time of day. There are often ways of finding a lower fare than this method.

For example, you can fly to LAX on AA for $214 on Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. Take Amtrak to San Diego.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 1:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by lyric250:
I need 6 tickets from Atlanta to san diego...Expedia's bargain of $209 with 0-1 connections sounds to good to be true. Will I be traveling all day??? Have you tried their bargain fares???</font>
That IS a good fare, but it's hardly too good to be true. This year, there have regularly been fares form Atlanta to the West Coast in the $200 neighborhood.

Check around, you may be able to get it even cheaper on Hotwire or Priceline.

Also, you may be able to use a regular online ticket seller to get definitive times and airlines (and miles) with close to the same price.

You're almost there, but DO YOUR REASEARCH!

Mac

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.