Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points.com...Get Real!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2001, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Points.com...Get Real!

20,000 AA miles converted into 2,000 ClickMiles or America West FlightFund Miles? This is the present reality of the Pointsxchange program at Points.com.

Personally, I do not know of any FTer who would take advantage of this kind of exchange rate. I really had big hopes for this new concept, however the exchange rates are very disappointing. I can see their business model loud and clear, it simply will not be accomplished at my personal expense from my frequent traveler accounts...at least not at those exchange rates!

Also, I noticed there were several combinations that were not authorized...like AA and AC for example.

This is a site that has a tremendous amount of work to do. They really need to commence by making the exchange rates "real" instead of "ripoffs." A one mile for one tenth of a mile exchange is ridiculous...I do not even like the idea of a half a mile for a mile.

I based my calculations on their calculator on their web site. Perhaps they were not programed correctly...if they were correct and I could only receive 2,000 ClickMiles for 20,000 AAdvantage miles, I do not see much of a future for this site.

Take a look at this web site at http://www.points.com and please give me your input.

Thank you very much.

Old Apr 3, 2001, 11:53 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
The discussion thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/004366.html
Old Apr 4, 2001, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip Dorian...That one got past me...I just made a posting in it.

Based on what I read on the boards, perhaps point.com is too short a name for the site...they might want to change it to points-ripoff.com...because until they change it for the better (and they have a long ways to go), that is exactly what points.com is...a rip off!

Thank you again for the redirection Dorian!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.