Wiki Posts
Search

Over a Quarter Million posts.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2000, 10:34 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk
Original Poster

Over a Quarter Million posts.....

Well, while others were out treating, a few very loyal FTers were online posting away and tonight FlyerTalk passed the quarter-million post level (250,000 posts). It's hard to imagine another travel board on the Internet that has such uniqueness as FT. Thanks to all of you who have made this possible. Now I suppose our next goal will be to half a million posts, though I'd put all those stats aside to have the board continue with the quality of the posts it has... Again, thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2000, 11:13 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Thank you, Randy, for starting Flyer Talk.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 31, 2000, 11:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thanks Randy- I can't tell you enough how this board has helped me with my 'travel fever'. Keep up the fine work! What a bunch of great people here!

Stuart

------------------
MRKEY
Old Oct 31, 2000, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks for hosting this wonderful resource Randy!
Old Nov 1, 2000, 1:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
Another vote of thanks for making this information exchange possible.
Old Nov 1, 2000, 2:26 am
Original Member

Just one question Randy

How many of those posts were congas!

cheers Peter
Old Nov 1, 2000, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Wow. And that means, with 10,000+ posts, doc alone accounts for 4% of the total!

I'm not sure how or by whom this can be done, but it sure would be nice if some classic, "Hall of Fame" threads could be edited and made into a travel FAQ. I'm sure it would rival any published guide to travel, either in paper or on the web!
Old Nov 1, 2000, 4:34 am

By my math Doc, Rudi, Ozstamps and Catman alone have made more than 10% of every post in FT history!
Old Nov 1, 2000, 4:48 am
Commander Catcop

I wonder what presentage are just smiley faces and dittos?

No, I'm not knocking this achievement because a LOT of valuable information came out of this.

SOmeone suggested an archive of the classic posts? What about a book called "Flyertalk: Adventures and Misadventures in Traveling!"

Old Nov 1, 2000, 5:36 am
kid

I was trick or treating like a kid should be.
Old Nov 1, 2000, 5:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
As with any resource there is the good, bad and ugly. But I find it the most useful, interesting, engaging and sometimes controversial travel site.

What started as just a practical nuts and bolts type of involvement became a much more complex and beautiful thing (warts and all).

It has opened up my mind and led to some wonderful new friendships.

Thanks Randy and all you FTers!
Old Nov 1, 2000, 6:12 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ditto CATMAN!

Thanks again Randy for providing us ALL with the opportunity to contribute to such a great resource as FT and to ALL those who do!

Old Nov 1, 2000, 6:35 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Thank you, Randy, for making all of this possible.
Old Nov 1, 2000, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It shows the strength of real community. While we don't always agree with one another, our commonality of purpose-- not to mention a shared love of being locked in an aluminium tube at 35K feet for hours at a time -- has created a place to come and visit with friends and adversaries each day. It has been even magnified beyond posting with the opportunity to actually meet many of those who post regularly, be it at the FAQ in Montreal, the Red Green Deux in Toronto, or at next week's Altbier in Dusseldorff (not to mention grabbing a pint or two with others as I, or they, pass through town).

Thank you to those of you who convinced Randy to launch FlyerTalk two years ago, and to our guru himself for tiring of the life of a salesman and setting up the whole House of Cards empire. And to each and every poster, whether I agree with what you write or not (or you with me).
Old Nov 1, 2000, 7:39 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
I concur. Thanks Randy and staff for the time and expense in making this resource possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.