Search

Air Courier Association

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2000, 7:40 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Air Courier Association

Has anyone registered with and used the flights offered by this association, or the like? Are ff points usually able to be earned on those courier flights? Just curious, as their spin is quite attractive. However, I have not noticed references in these postings, and wonder about flyertalk member experiences.
Koala
Old Sep 2, 2000, 9:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I did a flight with Jupiter/Micom a few years back (NY-London), and their contract specifically stated you did not get frequent flyer miles. I was on a United flight. I knew someone else at the time that was also doing a courier flight, with a different company, and he did get miles for his flights on Northwest.

The United boarding pass I had said "NO MILES" in the place where my frequent flyer number would normally be.

SPN Lifer and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Sep 2, 2000, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Exp
On a whim, a friend of mine dropped the $29 with www.aircourier.org, just to see what the deals were really like.

I poured over the whole package he got, and nowhere was there mention of FF miles. So while it's pretty ambiguous, there is a significant amount of stuff that's left up to the particular companies the courier actually does the run with -- there may be different policies and room for negotiation there. But he hasn't tried a run yet, so I don't know what will come of it.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:39 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Regular air freight stepped up their game.

Governments still use them, but they’re staffers.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I'm the licensed broker for a locally based customs brokerage company that deals mostly with e-commerce. We do some of this type service if needed. Several months back we had to bring a jacket from Canada to New York for a singer to use on a performance. This is not something that is done commonly, since now with the advancement of technology, electronic documents are acceptable instead of originals, but when it comes to actual physical goods, sometimes companies prefer to use internal staffers as mentioned by TravelerMSY
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: Turkish Elite Plus, Lufthansa Senator, United Platinum, KLM Platinum
I am a professional courier. We do this for a living. Any company trying to do this by offering people just a free ticket is pocketing huge sums of money. I have transported jacket for famous people before. It is actually well paid and not something done on a courtesy basis.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by waerth
I am a professional courier. We do this for a living. Any company trying to do this by offering people just a free ticket is pocketing huge sums of money. I have transported jacket for famous people before. It is actually well paid and not something done on a courtesy basis.
I’m interested in your profession, as I’m just about ready to retire. Any advice is very much welcome. Thank you.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I’m interested in your profession, as I’m just about ready to retire. Any advice is very much welcome. Thank you.
Based on the two posts above your's, get yourself into the fancy jacket business...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.