Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

$200/25,000 Miles On Almost Any Airline for FREE. Interested??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2000, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

OK Folks. Here goes.... **crack**crack** {knuckles cracking}. The Messiah speaks:

1.) Get the AMEX Sheraton Starpoints card for you and significant other. (you must have at least 10,000 credit limit to pull this off)

2.) Sign up for the Citi/Fi $100 offer through: www.Gomez.com or http://www.citifi.bridgetrack.com/n39.htm.

ALSO, sign up your wife/fat husband/or your disobedient 13 year old hormonal daughter .

THUS>>>>> 2 Citi/Fi acccounts = $200.

3.) *ImportanT*:
To fund the first Citi/Fi account (yours) use the AMEX Starwood card and charge $10,000.

Repeat process on the 2nd Cit/Fi account (wife's) of charging $10k on your wife's own AMEX Starpoints card. (this can be simplified further if you gave your wife an AMEX card on your OWN account, THUS she doesn't NEED her own account cuz she has yours!).

SO >>>> Now you have $200 promo dollars, 20,000 Starpoints. If your wife charged $10k on her OWN card>>>>>>> then that means you have 10K Starpoints & she has 10K Starpoints.

GOOD THING IS THAT IN SUCH A CASE STARWOOD ALLOWS YOU TO CONSOLIDATE STARPOINTS WITHIN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD.

So......now you moved her 10K Starpoints into your Starpoints account. Total NOW= 20,000 Starpoints!

NOW WHEN YOU TRANSFER THE MILES INTO ALMOST any AIRLINE (1:1 RATIO ON MOST), STARWOOD WILL GIVE YOU 5,000 BONUS MILES!!!! Total: 25,000 points!!!!

SO TO RECAP......NOW YOU HAVE $200 & A freeEEEee DOMESTIC FLIGHT! [ whoo! **** i'M GoOd ]

=============
Now if your smart enuff, you can easily pull out 50,000+ miles on this maneuver (no more applications necessary).

I won't tell you, so don't ask me [hint: it involves you & your significant other, & the Citi/Fi application--account funding section--investigate that page thoroughly }.

If your resourceful, you'll figure it out in a heartbeat! Good luck! (otherwise just live with the free domestic tix dammit)

(I, however, is goin' to Ibiza, SPAIN with my blonde huber GErman girlfriend in August--on 50k Starpoints)

Thanks CITIBANK!

------------------
The Man they Call...."THE MAN"!
Old Jul 10, 2000, 3:54 pm

Programs: United 1K
Thanks for your very interesting post. I have a question regarding the promtion code required to open the account and receive the bonus. Do you know what the promotion is?

Old Jul 10, 2000, 4:37 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Does Citi/FI really let you fund your account with an Amex credit card? And they pay the transaction fees?
Old Jul 10, 2000, 4:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The promo code is: n39.

Remember that you can charge up to $40,000 per application on 4 credit cards. That's 50,000 Starpoints if you can swing it (per application! amazing! )with AMEX thru gameplaying, otherwise you can foot it on an United, Delta or other miles cards for the balance of what you coudln't put on the AMEX Starwood card.

Originally posted by jaguar:
Thanks for your very interesting post. I have a question regarding the promtion code required to open the account and receive the bonus. Do you know what the promotion is?

------------------
Old Jul 10, 2000, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The promo code is: n39.

Remember that you can charge up to $40,000 per application on 4 credit cards. That's 50,000 Starpoints if you can swing it (per application! amazing! )with AMEX thru "gameplaying", otherwise you can foot it on an United, Delta or other miles cards for the balance of what you coudln't put on the AMEX Starwood card.

------------------
Old Jul 10, 2000, 4:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

yup, AMEX is treated as a CHARGE not as a cash advance. No fees whatsoever, except that you BETTER **** PAY YOUR BILL AT THE END OF THE MONTH!

Originally posted by freakflyer:
Does Citi/FI really let you fund your account with an Amex credit card? And they pay the transaction fees?

------------------
Old Jul 10, 2000, 5:10 pm

Programs: United 1K
Mileagod69 (You are truly a mileagod) based on what you discovered! Is the maximum you can use per card 10K or is it whatever your credit limit is?
Old Jul 10, 2000, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Milagegod - Thanks

Now I am just hoping a double miles offer such as Click Citi (double miles promo went through 5/31) comes along soon before I sign up.

I heard a rumour that a new enhanced AMEX Starpoints card is coming soon. Maybe that will have double Starpoints initially.

If anybody hears of such a card with 2x miles, please advise.
Old Jul 10, 2000, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Let me guess here .. "offer valid only for US residents"?
Old Jul 10, 2000, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Interesting indeed! Forgive the simplistic question, but could this be used with non-AMEX cards? (Like my AAdvantage card?) I know Starwood would give extra points, but if MC/Visa is also treated as a charge that would be easier for me.

Thanks!
KP
Old Jul 10, 2000, 11:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

nope. Citibank's AA credit card treats it as a CASH advance & NOT as a charge (Citibank is the only ones that treats it as a cash advance).....go with AMEX, Delta, United charge cards & the like.

Originally posted by kidpachinko:
Interesting indeed! Forgive the simplistic question, but could this be used with non-AMEX cards? (Like my AAdvantage card?) I know Starwood would give extra points, but if MC/Visa is also treated as a charge that would be easier for me.

Thanks!
KP

------------------
Old Jul 10, 2000, 11:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The max is $10,000. But you can go way lower than this if you don't have the credit. It works much better if you can MAX out what Citibank is willing to hand you.

Mileagod69 (You are truly a mileagod) based on what you discovered! Is the maximum you can use per card 10K or is it whatever your credit limit is?

------------------
Old Jul 10, 2000, 11:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

yes, US Residents only I'm afraid. Sorry!

Originally posted by ozstamps:
Let me guess here .. "offer valid only for US residents"?

------------------
Old Jul 11, 2000, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Darn!
Old Jul 11, 2000, 8:56 am
fdw

How does one get the AMEX Starpoints card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.