Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI 25K!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2000, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

MCI 25K!

Well, I think this is great news!!!!! I just spoke with Brandon from MCI and explained that I would like to stay with MCI but would like to get the 25K promo again without having to cancel and resign otherwise I was switching to AT&T. So, he spoke with his supervisor and got the okay to do it so I would remain with MCI. This rep is fantastic, he eliminated my account and re-entered as a new account so I could get my miles! You will get a new MCI calling card and PIN but it seems worth it for the miles!

[This message has been edited by Rosemarie (edited 03-26-2000).]
Old Mar 3, 2000, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
do you know code was used? I "reissued" several numbers but had one that wasn't giving me miles. I e-mailed and was told the account was not eligible. I called and got a rep who said Illinois wasn't eligible. I got off the phone and called back and spoke to someone who said everything was listed and I should have gotten the miles. So we will see.The code I got was ZAT5 which should give me 2500 over 10 months.

------------------
DtG
Old Mar 3, 2000, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

I spoke with the MCI agent and its the same deal as last time, 5K for 5 months. From reading the last posts, I noticed that it depends on the customer service rep that you get and often times you get different answers. Brandon just signed me up. It was the old code from before, Z25 (I'll look it up and post it). Contact Brandon at his email and based upon my experience, you should get the 25K regardless of where you live.
Old Mar 3, 2000, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

http://www.mileageworkshop.com/phone.html

The code for American Airlines is Z25A. The rest are posted at the link above. He did offer me the 10K and said that the 25K promo expired. I just stated that I wanted the same deal, 25K per phone number or I would switch. He and his supervisor understood that if they wanted to keep me, I wanted 25K and knew all I had to do was switch for one month and go back to MCI. Why fool around, just delete my account, start fresh again, and I stay with MCI then we're both happy. It worked! Now to see if they post!
Old Mar 4, 2000, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
MCI reps have e-mail addresses that end in 'aol.com'?
Old Mar 4, 2000, 1:36 am
Original Poster

I think its his personal email. They get a commission when someone signs up and since he doesn't have an extension, he seems to want to use his personal email.
Old Mar 4, 2000, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta, AA
As with all dealings with MCI, just make sure the miles are posted to your account!
Old Mar 4, 2000, 7:43 am

I got a verbal commitment from a supervisor - have the name somewhere - for 25k for switching back to MCI but then got an email saying only eligible for 10k and apologizing for inconvenience and mistaken information I'll probably stay long enough to get the first 5k all at once and be looking for a better deal in the meantime. However, even though I eventually ended up with over 25k Northwest miles with Sprint they were really really really a pain to deal with!
Old Mar 22, 2000, 11:09 am

I spoke to Brandon but the 25K promo is for AA only. As I am with UA I got 10K but this is still better than the published deal with 6K. Thanks a lot Rosemarie!
Old Mar 22, 2000, 1:45 pm

Hope you get the miles......I was promised and additional 5k in December of 99......
guess what?....nothing....but the put off from MCI.....time after time after time!
Old Mar 23, 2000, 1:28 am

hi. i email brandon today, and here is the exact response i received the same day..

"Let me explain, it won't work. The 25k promo ended over a month ago, now
there are new promos however I cannot call people back from e-mail. If you
would simply call 1-800-444-3333 I'm sure someone there will gladlly post
some extra bonuses just for staying...

Sorry,
Brandon"

is the mci 25k promo with AA (code: z25a) really over? oh well.. guess it was only good while it was available..
Old Mar 23, 2000, 12:34 pm

Does anyone have the info for 25k miles on northwest through sprint?

thanks
Old Mar 23, 2000, 1:09 pm

Look at the Sprint board & you'll see lots of msgs about it.

Old Mar 23, 2000, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Tried 800-444-3333 per Brandon in this thread. The rep said I'd already gotten 25K Delta miles and he couldn't give any more. Anybody had any better luck? What are the new promos for retention which Brandon alluded?
Old Mar 24, 2000, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I just called MCI. I've been a cistomer, with 4 lines, since November 1998. I told them that AT&T had made an offer to me to switch, and asked what they would do to keep me. They offered 15,000 Delta miles over 5 months (in a complicated form, but who cares). I took it. I didn't want to switch anyway!

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.