Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kellogg cereal promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2000, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Kellogg cereal promotion

Has anyone seen the boxes of Kelloggs cereal that offer miles for purchases of certain brand of their cereals?

Is this an old offer or a new one. I can't seem to find any boxes that have information about this.

Thanks,Ron

"It looks like Kelloggs has started a FF promotion with American Airlines on certain brands of their Kelloggs and Healthy Choice cereals. There are 100 mile certificates printed on cartons of new shipments the following brands: Product 19, All-Bran, Cracklin' Oat Bran, Crispix, Just Right,
Complete, Mini-Wheats and Healthy Choice Low Fat Granola. Five 100 mile AAdvantage certificates are to be mailed in for each 500 mile AAdvantage certificate and the offer expires 6/30/2001."
Old May 2, 2000, 12:03 pm

It's been in effect for a couple of months. It's another easy way to score free miles, although the variety of cereals could be better. At least it's forcing me to eat a healthy breakfast!
Old May 2, 2000, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You can spot the boxes instantly by the big airplane at the bottom of the front panel. No airplane, no coupon.

In my area (northwest suburban Boston) the availability of boxes with the offer varies quite a bit from supermarket to supermarket. If you don't find them where you usually shop, try another chain.
Old May 2, 2000, 5:51 pm

In So Cal the "specially marked boxes" seem to be only with the most expensive cereals. Although the ad claims Corn Flakes has the offer I have yet to see a Corn Flakes box with the airplane on it!
Old May 2, 2000, 7:16 pm

I've found a few (6) boxes of Corn Flakes at Walmart, priced at $1.28. I bought 'em all, clipped the coupons, and donated the cereal to the local food pantry. As soon as more come in I'm there.
Old May 3, 2000, 7:09 pm

Bingo! They must have stocked the shelf with a new case! Bought all 12 @ $1.28/box, and had a $1 off coupon. Then sold 10 bags (notice who got the box!) to a neighbor who's kids love Corn Flakes for $10.

I had just unloaded the van, and had all 12 boxes lined up on the lawn while I brought in other groceries. My neighbor was driving by, saw a lawn with a line of 12 Corn Flakes boxes sitting there, and his curiosity got the better of him. He bought the 10 bags.

In my area, only Walmart has < $3 boxes of cereal with the 777 picture. The other chains stock the same cereal and sizes, but I never see the offer there, except on the "expensive" cereal.

As long as they keep stocking, I'll keep buying
Old May 4, 2000, 8:16 am

Papollo, are you pulling our collective leg?

According to the side panel on the Kellogg boxes that I have purchased, eight items are available that have the 100 mile offer. None of them is for Corn Flakes, let alone anywhere near the price of $1.28. At that price, I'd buy truck loads and feed the hungry. Let me know how I can buy Corn Flakes and get miles.

Wineman (soon to be cereal-man)
Old May 4, 2000, 1:13 pm

No sir, I've just clipped 20 coupons from the 20 boxes of Corn Flakes I've purchased over the past week. Everyone in my office eats Corn Flakes (or at least their families do), and they've offered to buy the cereal from me! I prefer to barter: I just got a laptop, and it didn't come with a travel bag. A fellow worker is married to someone who works at a famous Maine merchant. He can buy a travel bag someone returned, perfectly adequate to carry a laptop (in fact, downright nice!), at the Outlet Store pretty cheap. He'll trade Corn Flakes for one of the bags he bought for himself! Another worker has a great recipe for cookies that uses Corn Flakes. I'll give her a couple of bags, and she'll bake me a plate of cookies!

I'm not in the league of Pudding Guy, but he's an inspiration! And, the local Walmart is selling 12 oz boxes of Corn Flakes for $1.28. The 18 oz size is $1.95. I'll buy until the prices increase to where they're no longer worth buying.

Everybody's happy: Walmart is going through Corn Flakes like there's no tomorrow, the food pantry gets some cereal to distribute, my workers will trade with me, the guy down the street has his cereal, and I get miles.

[This message has been edited by Papollo (edited 05-04-2000).]
Old May 4, 2000, 1:46 pm

Papollo: Thanks for your response. Maybe American is distributing cereal in a particular pattern. I'm in South Florida where AA has a huge presence. There are no inexpensive cereals here. The least expensive I've seen is $3.69 for a small box of bran cereal. Perhaps AA wants to make it easier to get less expensive cereals in markets where they don't have a great presence. They are not giving the miles away out of pure generosity. Perhaps they plan to stop the distribution of the cheaper FF cereals when buyers have a greater interest in accruing more miles to finally get that "free ticket".

The fact that the promotion last for 18 months probably means the average buyer will have miles but not enough for a ticket. They will then becomes addicts like us and begin to buy tix on AA.

Wineman (in the cereal whirl)
Old May 4, 2000, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I heard that corn flakes was added to the promotion, but I haven't seen any in the Chicago area. Dominicks has CF on sale for $1.50, but not the right ones. Are both the 12 oz and 18 oz both offering the certs or only the 18 oz size? I bought some on sale and found some buy 2 get one free coupons so it brought it doesn to about $1.65 a box. So, since the promo is around for awhile, I'd say wait for a sale and start collecting coupons. Our wal-marts here are not Super Wal-marts with grocery sections. Too bad.

------------------
DtG
Old May 4, 2000, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Where do you get the $1 off coupons?
Old May 4, 2000, 7:45 pm

The dollar off coupons (buy 2 boxes, get $1 off - but you can only use one coupon at a time) were in Sunday's paper, in a pullout coupon insert.

Walmart here sells the 12 and 18 oz sizes, with coupons. They also sell a 24(?) oz size, but no coupons.

And doesn't AA make money by selling a huge block of miles to Kelloggs? Somewhere on this board I saw that FF miles have become a profit center for the airlines.

[This message has been edited by Papollo (edited 05-04-2000).]
Old May 5, 2000, 11:42 am

Attn. dgordon and other Chicago area FTers:
A super Wal-mart opened last week on Touhy Ave. in Niles and it has a grocery dept. I have not been in it so I don't know about the availability or price of the pertainent corn flakes. I may go in there this week-end, if so I'll report back.
Old May 5, 2000, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I found the corn flakes which are on sale this week at Dominick's $1.50 each (18 oz) limit two at a time - so I made 3 orders, each pair of cereal had some items with them and therefore they were 3 separate purchases. They let me do it. I have 10 boxes. Had only one coupon, but have found another. The smaller Dominicks nearer me didn't have them, but a larger one did, intermingled with sesame street. So, papollo can you get the recipe for corn flake cookies???

------------------
DtG
Old May 6, 2000, 3:58 pm

dgordon, I'll post the recipe in OMNI on Monday, as soon as I snag it from my co-worker.

I took a quick trip to VA & WV yesterday. I drove from DC to Beckley WV via I-81 and I-64. I tried to hit every Walmart Superstore along the way. (Isn't that the quintessential "Get A Life" statement for the day!) No Corn Flakes with miles. It is interesting to watch how the prices change for the same items along the way, though. The 12 oz box ranged from $1.15 to $1.89.

I came home to ME this morning, made a Walmart stop for my wife, and there they were - 12 more boxes waiting for me! I've got more neighbors clamoring for Corn Flakes, so for now I can offload these locally. Food Pantry definitely next week.

And the bridge was great! I drove 350 miles to see a bridge, but it was worth it! If I feel confident, I'll post a trip report (there's LOTS of good writing here...don't know if I'm of that caliber...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.