Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex blue business Plus points program change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Question Amex blue business Plus points program change

Possibly this is only news to me, but today I received a letter from Amex stating the following:
"Notice of change to the membership rewards program
Effective December 30, 2023 we are eliminating the option for card members to buy membership rewards points.
Effective 12/3/23 Amex members with membership rewards account will no longer have access to the upgrade with points and will not have the option to use membership rewards points to place an offer on a seat upgrade for any upcoming flights.

Question: does this make this card less valuable? I have never used it to upgrade seats or buy points and don't travel frequently. Worth it to keep this card? Move points to something else? What?

Help very much appreciated. Thank you
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
These are changes to the Membership Rewards program. not to a specific card.

The ability to buy points at $25/1000 (and only as part of a redemption) was useful in specific circumstances, but because the price per point is higher than a typical redemption value I expect it was seldom used.

The elimination of the upgrade program is noted here: USA: Upgrade international airline ticket with MR points (ENDS December 3, 2023)
SPN Lifer and Saphira2021 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.