Search

UNITED mileage plus vs Cash

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United. American
UNITED mileage plus vs Cash

Hello Everyone*>
For a flight MEX-PTY BOOKED with miles through United Mileage plus program Operated by Copa airlines.
I've found a 15k +75$ [taxes] [[now is 18k ] but a friend who sells tickets using miles programs offered me same flight same route same airline for $270 cash for MEX Pty on business class b738 copa. Or 200$ cash on economy.
what worth better? Spend 15k united mileage plus 75$ or pay a business class

With him I cant move date. Fees 120$

With my actual ticket I can cancel and miles come back on account t and money back to the creditcard used.

So 15k 75$ economy =<> 270$ executive no change.

It's like a comparision of 15k to 200$ worth? I dont think I need to change the date of the flight.

Any help. Very THVNK YOU
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by levych
"a friend who sells tickets using miles programs "
This sounds like a mileage broker, and they are illegal for most mileage programs.
levych likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Mileage broker, that's a new one to me. I wouldn't book through anyone other than yourself. Too many things can go wrong. But that's just my opinion.

How much (cash) is the ticket not going with the "friend"? Find that number and compare it to 15K miles. How many miles is a biz class ticket vs cash price? I think you should look at those numbers before thinking about your friend.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grbflyer
Mileage broker, that's a new one to me. I wouldn't book through anyone other than yourself. Too many things can go wrong. But that's just my opinion.

How much (cash) is the ticket not going with the "friend"? Find that number and compare it to 15K miles. How many miles is a biz class ticket vs cash price? I think you should look at those numbers before thinking about your friend.
. Thank you for your opinion sounds logic. Normal price is 460 ow mex pty and 540 rt.540now for that date is 18k miles. I booked with 15k ... plus u7s$5 taxes

I think better remainall with my personal miles
Old Aug 23, 2023, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
If the "friend" gets caught, his bookings will get canceled and his clients stranded wherever they happen to be when he gets busted.

Booking with your own miles is the right call. For United, I look for around 2 cents a mile on any short simple booking like this, so in my book you did well with your miles.
levych, SPN Lifer and grbflyer like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinniped
so in my book you did well with your miles.
Thank you. *>🙂🙋🏻‍♂️ I didnt make any change I remain with my own personal miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.