Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates miles to be used within USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Hello...

I have 16,000 Emirates miles available how can I get a round trip to Los Angeles from Philadelphia can I join any other airline to add miles? I think there is a JetBlue card but it charges yearly fee... is there a way to avoid yearly fee and get more miles to just fly within us one time...Coast to Coast?

If there is no other option I think I'll fly one way to California..

THX...
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:06 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Sorry, but Emirates partnership with Jet Blue has ended: https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...tners/jetblue/ and Emirates does not appear to have a partnership with any USA airline.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miserkris
I have 16,000 Emirates miles available how can I get a round trip to Los Angeles from Philadelphia can I join any other airline to add miles? I think there is a JetBlue card but it charges yearly fee... is there a way to avoid yearly fee and get more miles to just fly within us one time...Coast to Coast?

If there is no other option I think I'll fly one way to California..
EK is the become a (limited) ff partner of UA
EK-->Emirates and United
Together we’ve opened up more rewards for members of our loyalty programmes. As a member of Emirates Skywards, you’ll be able to earn and redeem Miles on United flights. And as a United MileagePlus member you’ll be able to earn and spend miles when you fly United from Newark to Dubai and connect beyond with Emirates and flydubai.
UA media release (Sept 14 2021)--> United and Emirates Expand Market Presence Through New Agreement

Blogger -->Details: Emirates & United Airlines Launch Partnership
  • The two airlines plan to codeshare, which would be a closer level of cooperation, though the details of that are limited as of now (this requires government approval)
  • There will be some reciprocal mileage opportunities, but they’ll be frustratingly limited — Emirates Skywards members will only be able to earn miles on United (and not redeem), while United MileagePlus members will only be able to earn and redeem miles when connecting to and from the Newark to Dubai route
When do your EK ff miles expire?. So will be able to fly UA and credit ff miles to EK ffp. But check the fine details

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 18, 2022 at 7:45 pm
Old Nov 19, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Even if you could use EK miles for award travel on UA, 16,000 EK miles would likely not be enough for a PHL-LAX ticket.
PHL-LAX is 2,400 miles (zone 5 in the EK award chart) and with other partners you need to redeem 26,000 EK miles for a one-way trip of that length. But according to Mwenenzi’s post, you will not be able to redeem EK miles for UA flights.

Last edited by AirborneLocksmith; Nov 21, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
EK is the become a (limited) ff partner of UA
EK-->Emirates and United

UA media release (Sept 14 2021)--> United and Emirates Expand Market Presence Through New Agreement

Blogger -->Details: Emirates & United Airlines Launch Partnership

When do your EK ff miles expire?. So will be able to fly UA and credit ff miles to EK ffp. But check the fine details
Sorry late reply. Checking emirates act I found:
16,875 Miles expiring on 31 Aug 2025. I'll call ua/em and find out... min for one way to California.

I already have UA miles. I'll ask them if I can merge them too!!
Thx
Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Sorry late reply. Checking emirates act I found:
16,875 Miles expiring on 31 Aug 2025. I'll call ua/em and find out... min for one way to California.

I already have UA miles. I'll ask them if I can merge them too!!
Thx
See Post #4. You cannot get from PHL to LAX with your EK miles. Based upon the Emirates mileage charts, the most you can get is a one-way from PHL to Eastern/Central Canada on Air Canada. And no, you cannot combine or merge EK miles with UA miles.

If you are credit-worthy, apply for this credit card and make one purchase of any amount; you'll be awarded enough AAdvantage miles for two (and maybe even three) roundtrips between PHL and many places in the U.S. -- including Southern California:

https://www.applyaviator.com/
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
See Post #4. You cannot get from PHL to LAX with your EK miles. Based upon the Emirates mileage charts, the most you can get is a one-way from PHL to Eastern/Central Canada on Air Canada. And no, you cannot combine or merge EK miles with UA miles.

If you are credit-worthy, apply for this credit card and make one purchase of any amount; you'll be awarded enough AAdvantage miles for two (and maybe even three) roundtrips between PHL and many places in the U.S. -- including Southern California:

https://www.applyaviator.com/
THX but since cancelling aviator 3 years ago they've rejected me twice mentioning I've had too many cc cancellations....

Citi AA MC didn't reject in July and I got their miles still have that card will not cancel.
Recently Delta rejected me too.... Same reason.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
THX but since cancelling aviator 3 years ago they've rejected me twice mentioning I've had too many cc cancellations....

Citi AA MC didn't reject in July and I got their miles still have that card will not cancel.
Recently Delta rejected me too.... Same reason.
OK. I think you will find that AA miles can provide greater value than other frequent-flyer currencies for trips like PHL-LAX -- if you can be flexible on your travel dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.