Search

Daily getaways 2020

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yuel
Appears the daily deals have been postponed according to the website, it just states check back for 2020 daily getaways
The link works when I clicked on it
I don’t expect to see them on offer until the second half of this year. And even that may turn out to be wishful thinking in part.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just clicked on the OP's link and got the same thing as Yuel. No more 404 Pantheon error page.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This link works and nothing about a postponement, although it lists last year's participants:
https://www.ustravel.org/programs/daily-getaways
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by linsj
This link works and nothing about a postponement, although it lists last year's participants:
https://www.ustravel.org/programs/daily-getaways
Yes, but until a couple of days ago that page had a countdown clock, counting down to the preview on April 20th, then sales starting on April 27th. The countdown page is gone, so clearly they have pulled the sales. Really disappointing, but not surprising.
Brendan and GUWonder like this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Yes, but until a couple of days ago that page had a countdown clock, counting down to the preview on April 20th, then sales starting on April 27th. The countdown page is gone, so clearly they have pulled the sales. Really disappointing, but not surprising.
Perhaps they are renegotiating deals better suited towards the current climate of covid-19. The only thing it would make sense for them to even attempt to sell is hotel points imo. I could see hotels stepping up to offer deals which brings a little revenue in.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
The website is so poorly designed, that without some sort of bot, I have never been able to get any of the good deals. I expect it to be the usual waste of time, and the good deals gone in milliseconds.
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smilee
The website is so poorly designed, that without some sort of bot, I have never been able to get any of the good deals. I expect it to be the usual waste of time, and the good deals gone in milliseconds.
This could be the year with less competition and better deals. Very hard to predict.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: WN A+/CP

I asked and here was the response from [email protected]

Thank you for your email and interest in Daily Getaways. Due to the current pandemic we have decided to postpone Daily Getaways until later in the year. We will be announcing a new set of dates in the coming weeks. We’d be happy to add you to our list for future updates.
Stay safe, stay healthy,
Daily Getaways

Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by josephstern
This could be the year with less competition and better deals. Very hard to predict.
I have to assume it will be the year with less demand for the offers. Americans seem set to have way less money for discretionary expenses this year than last year. While having less money makes people into more eager bargain hunters for greater discounts, travel is considered more of a disposable and unnecessary luxury than other kinds of entertainment goods and services for use around the home and that last longer than a vacation.

Better deals? I am inclined to act as if cash will provide the best deals this year and next. I would rather retain cash as my currency rather than exchange cash to get locked into a restricted currency issued and managed by financially struggling travel service providers.
Brendan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 18, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I really wished this didn’t get postponed. I might of actually been able to buy a Hyatt package this year without selling out in 12 seconds.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 3:05 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by stallion114
I really wished this didn’t get postponed. I might of actually been able to buy a Hyatt package this year without selling out in 12 seconds.
Doubt it.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Does anyone know if the AVIS coupons that expired in June (purchased last year) have been extended?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by manually
Does anyone know if the AVIS coupons that expired in June (purchased last year) have been extended?
Have you tried calling Avis?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
The few times I called, there was a long hold time. I will check with them again
Old Sep 11, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
What is going on with them now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.