Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Miles for Cellphone/Cable/Internet Plans? [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Earning Miles for Cellphone/Cable/Internet Plans? [USA]

Searched but couldn't find anything recent or any major discussion of the topic.

Besides the 25,000 AA miles for a Sprint line, are there any other ways to earn decent miles for cable/internet/phone subscriptions in the USA?

People churn cards all the time, but there hasn't been much in the way of churning telecom providers, presumably due to the hassle of switching and the dearth of offers?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
.... are there any other ways to earn decent miles for cable/internet/phone subscriptions in the USA?....
There are credit card that award bonus points for payments made in those categories, such as Chase INK Cash.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:25 pm

Some of the best cell deals include BOGOs. I made a small bit of money off a T-Mobile BOGO on Samsung Galaxy phones a few months ago
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:18 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mia
There are credit card that award bonus points for payments made in those categories, such as Chase INK Cash.
Chase Ink Business Preferred: 3X
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by pgary
Chase Ink Business Preferred: 3X
Chase Ink Business Cash:
Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases each account anniversary year at:
  • Internet, cable and phone services
  • Office supply stores
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by teocon18
Chase Ink Business Cash:[left]Earn 5% cash back...]
It's better than that. Even though Chase markets INK Cash as a cashback card, it actually earns Ultimate Rewards points. These could be redeemed for cash, but you likely would not choose that option if you have other cards which earn UR points.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I agree with pgary. I've switched from the Ink Cash to the Ink Preferred to pay my cell phone bill.

Yes, I'm getting 2 less UR points per dollar, but the cell phone insurance on the Ink Preferred is a valuable benefit for me. I used to pay Verizon $13 per month x 2 phones for cell phone insurance. Now that I've switched to using the Ink Preferred, I've dropped that $26 per month expense. Over the course of a year, this more than covers the annual fee on the Ink Preferred.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA,HH, MR, IHG, UAL, DL,
Other than Sprint, I haven't seen a cellphone, internet and TV company offer miles in years. I know that years ago I used to get miles for using AT&T cell, landline and internet but I haven't seen a deal like that in years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.