Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airport loyalty programs

Airport loyalty programs

Old Oct 31, 17, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Airport loyalty programs

Does anyone participate in any of the airport loyalty programs out there? I know some airports, from small to big, have programs that award perks for parking, shopping, or other frequent uses. Some even have their own private lounges that travelers can use if there is not an airline or third party lounge while others offer special amenities like free wifi, etc. What are some of your favorites?
Old Oct 31, 17, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We just did this thread.

Wait...it was your thread!
Old Oct 31, 17, 2:35 pm

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
We just did this thread.

Wait...it was your thread!
Link or it didn't happen.

---

I participated in FRA Rewards for a while. I played one of their video games for like 20 min, made a highscore, and got rewarded with 50 EUR in partner spend.

I did earn a little bit more by doing a promo or two. However, "regular" spending based rewards seemed out of reach for me. Prices of participating stores aren't really competitive and I buy most stuff online anyways.

EDIT: On another note, I really like the blog HFP. But I think he's going overboard on Heathrow Rewards and such. I mean, sure, participating stores are aware of concepts such as loss leaders and will give us a decent deal now and then. But they're also aware their customer base contains a lot a impulse buyers and somewhat less price-sensitive high net worth individuals. Overall, their sales don't play in the same league with the big online retailers. And I find that's sometimes forgotten when bloggers such as HFP praise mileage earning via airport programs.

Last edited by 1flyer; Oct 31, 17 at 2:46 pm
Old Oct 31, 17, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Unusual, lesser known travel loyalty programs

Essentially the same thing. Some chatter about airport programs as well as Parking Spot, etc.
Old Nov 2, 17, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
Unusual, lesser known travel loyalty programs

Essentially the same thing. Some chatter about airport programs as well as Parking Spot, etc.
Yes, but this is exclusively about airport programs. People might not read through that to find the few that are there.
Old Nov 2, 17, 8:09 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Changi Rewards (SIN)

There's Changi Rewards which I do earn some minor points for airport spending. Not much but since you're buying stuff at the airport sometimes you might as well earn some points to redeem for stuff.
Old Nov 3, 17, 9:19 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
thanksagain.com awards miles for shopping at many airports.
ryno likes this.
Old Dec 9, 17, 2:51 am

Programs: Flyingblue
PAR airports (CDG/ORY/LBG) have a membership program that transfers 1:1 to AFKL's FlyingBlue.
Old Dec 12, 17, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA | VS | UA | DL
Heathrow Rewards.
Old Jan 14, 18, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
LAN

Lansing Michigan has one:

Welcome to the Top Flight Club | Fly Lansing
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Here in Nice, France our airport has a really nice and useful loyalty program called Club Airport Premier.
Every time you scan your card and boarding pass at designated kiosks you earn 100 CAP points (only works for outbound flights and not arrivals). You also earn 1 point per euro spent on parking, fast track / lounge access purchases and when shopping or eating at the airport restaurants or duty-free.
Once you reach 1000 CAP points you will be reach Gold Status which gives you free fast track security, automatic registration of your flights to CAP when going thru fast track (no need to go to a kiosk) and almost half price off lounge access (€16 vs €30).
There's also a Platinum Status but I don't think there's much benefit to it over Gold.
(PS : Not affiliated with Nice Airport just a happy Gold CAP Cardholder)

More Info : Benefits / Club Airport Premier / Business travellers / PASSENGER INFO - Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur : gateway to the mythical French Riviera
Old Feb 22, 18, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Whilst it doesn't offer any kind of points collection, LGW have 'myGatwick' which offers targeted discounts and freebies based on your travel pattern...
Old Feb 22, 18, 5:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan Black, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, Mlife Pearl
Interesting concept. Our local airport (YYG) does alot of advertising to convince people to use it instead of nearby airports (YQM & YHZ) that offer more flights. I wonder if they ever considered bribing people with points...
Old Feb 22, 18, 11:37 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
The airports in Milan have a loyalty scheme ("Via Milano Fidelity Card") that rewards members with points for spend which can be redeemed for lounge access, Fast Track security, cashback vouchers and other rewards. It's attractive even for casual users as members get a discount on parking right away, and one gets two Fast Track passes as part of an enrollment package. Minimum spend is five euros...
Old Apr 7, 18, 12:53 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Colorado Springs Premier program isn't terrible. There's a small, decent lounge, and if you park three weeks out of the year you break even on valet parking charges (some would say that even the long-term parking is so close there's little need for valet parking. That may be true in the summer, but not so much in the winter.)

https://coloradosprings.gov/flycos/premier-membership

Search this Thread