Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earn LaQuinta Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Earn LaQuinta Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Old Oct 21, 16, 11:41 am
  #1  
formerly chrisbarnett01
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 348
Earn LaQuinta Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Just like the Marriott Promo in the other thread. Same company is running it, so it works exactly the same.

https://laquinta.chirpify.com/laquintareturns/register?

500 points for connecting your social media accounts and following, and 50 points for tweeting/instagramming #LQreturns

The points post instantly.

Unsure as of right now what the limit is for posting the hashtag, it only credited me once. Twitter is down due to hackers right now so I have only received 350 points so far, but still.

For those who do not use LQ returns, you can transfer LQ points into Virgina America, Jet Blue, Aeroplan, IHG, Frontier, Hawaiin, Icelandair, etc on points.com. Horrible exchange rates but they are free points.
Hairbus380 is offline  
Old Oct 21, 16, 7:23 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Park, Metropolis
Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Posts: 4,091
Originally Posted by Hairbus380 View Post
Just like the Marriott Promo in the other thread. Same company is running it, so it works exactly the same.

https://laquinta.chirpify.com/laquintareturns/register?

500 points for connecting your social media accounts and following, and 50 points for tweeting/instagramming #LQreturns

The points post instantly.

Unsure as of right now what the limit is for posting the hashtag, it only credited me once. Twitter is down due to hackers right now so I have only received 350 points so far, but still.

For those who do not use LQ returns, you can transfer LQ points into Virgina America, Jet Blue, Aeroplan, IHG, Frontier, Hawaiin, Icelandair, etc on points.com. Horrible exchange rates but they are free points.
Thanks, instant points postings, though I only got 300, eventhough I linked all 3 social accounts.
arollins is offline  
Old Oct 23, 16, 3:57 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Posts: 430
Thanks. Posted instantly but only 100 per account (twitter) and 100 for following.
virtuo0 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 16, 12:55 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 629
Originally Posted by Hairbus380 View Post
Just like the Marriott Promo in the other thread. Same company is running it, so it works exactly the same.

https://laquinta.chirpify.com/laquintareturns/register?

500 points for connecting your social media accounts and following, and 50 points for tweeting/instagramming #LQreturns

The points post instantly.

Unsure as of right now what the limit is for posting the hashtag, it only credited me once. Twitter is down due to hackers right now so I have only received 350 points so far, but still.

For those who do not use LQ returns, you can transfer LQ points into Virgina America, Jet Blue, Aeroplan, IHG, Frontier, Hawaiin, Icelandair, etc on points.com. Horrible exchange rates but they are free points.
Only got 350 also, ive put my lq account into points.com wallet but does not show virgin america or ihg as a transfer partner, can anyone help?
Tilly71 is offline  
Old Nov 2, 16, 12:10 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Posts: 608
signed up and did all this, but haven't seen my points yet. Got no confirmations about any of my tweets. It doesn't help that their website is a disaster and it's literally impossible to find a page that tells you how many points you have.
DrRodneyMcKay is offline  
Old Nov 27, 16, 7:35 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FRA
Posts: 614
is it possible to transfer LQ-Points between account?
blueeagle3 is offline  
Old Dec 5, 16, 4:37 pm
  #7  
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,029
Just logged into Twitter, searched #LQreturns and retweeted a random half-dozen tweets. One of them just netted me 50 points.
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Dec 6, 16, 9:38 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Posts: 430
just tweet #LQreturns for 50 points.
virtuo0 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 16, 6:40 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Park, Metropolis
Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Posts: 4,091
Thanks, easy points.
arollins is offline  
Old Dec 14, 16, 2:06 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Posts: 430
It worked again today.
virtuo0 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 16, 5:50 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FRA
Posts: 614
tweeted/retweeted, but did not get any Points, neither today, nor yesterday...is this a once only thing? or daily tweeting? If so, i'd try again tomorrow...

will these points post right away? Or is there some time in between?
blueeagle3 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 16, 6:44 am
  #12  
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,029
Originally Posted by blueeagle3 View Post
tweeted/retweeted, but did not get any Points, neither today, nor yesterday...is this a once only thing? or daily tweeting? If so, i'd try again tomorrow...

will these points post right away? Or is there some time in between?
Just did it right now and got 50 points. Maybe your account isn't set up correctly?
MileageAddict is offline  
Old Dec 20, 16, 6:39 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FRA
Posts: 614
Originally Posted by MileageAddict View Post
Just did it right now and got 50 points. Maybe your account isn't set up correctly?
strange...i got the points from the fb/twitter-setup before...i'll try it again today.
blueeagle3 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:22 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FRA
Posts: 614
Update: Still no points for me...I think, I give up on it....
blueeagle3 is offline  
Old Apr 25, 17, 3:08 pm
  #15  
formerly chrisbarnett01
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 348
Bump.


Monthly tweets of #LQReturns nets 50 points each time.

But right now, you can retweet almost anything the @LQ account tweets, and get points.


Retweeting this one gets you 100 points:

"Where is the best place to watch the game in your city? Tell us using #LQLocal to earn 100 #LQReturns points."



Retweeting this one gets you 250:
"Now that is how you win. Watch the @Capitals win the series in our #WinAtBusiness recap with @nhlonNBCSports."

You can retweet, undo the retweet, and retweet again. Apparently up to 5 times.

This is my activity log from the past 2 minutes:
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 100
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 250
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 250
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 250
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 250
04/25/2017 Social Rewards 0 0 250



It seems to have stopped me at 1350 points. I will try again tomorrow.
Hairbus380 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread