Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DAS02135
Print Wikipost

Earn Marriott Rewards Points by Tweeting or Posting on Instagram

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by ReallyNotFrequentFlyer
I log out of my Marriott account and log back in and the points are there.
Same here, and that happens with my frequent flyer accounts as well.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:47 am

No sign of any Twitter promos this week. Quick way of telling: checking @MarriottRewards' Twitter feed to see if they are dishing out any automated replies with hashtags.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
No sign of any Twitter promos this week. Quick way of telling: checking @MarriottRewards' Twitter feed to see if they are dishing out any automated replies with hashtags.
thanks for the update
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sheri723
thanks for the update
You are welcome. Come on Marriott, I'm addicted!
Old Feb 21, 2016, 4:54 am

I see there are still thousands of useless automated #MRpoints tweets overnight. Don't these people ever check when a promotion expires?

Sorry to anyone who got a notification of a post in this thread and assumed there was a new points opportunity.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:06 am

I see there are still thousands of useless automated #MRpoints tweets overnight. Don't these people ever check when a promotion expires?

Sorry to anyone who got a notification of a post in this thread and assumed there was a new points opportunity.

It's been too long since any new promos. Hope it's not over.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:38 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

I have been searching every day, nothing new yet. I do not believe the program was cancelled, because they issued a press release about how successful it is, and they continue to test the chirpify program(look up #mrpointstest on twitter).

At first I thought the reason it was stalled was because the last hashtag accidentally reset of lot of points expiration dates. Then I thought maybe they were waiting until March. Clearly not.

I believe I have finally figured it out.

The Erin Andrews lawsuit against a Marriott hotel started a week or so ago. It is bad press for sure. With such a bad story lurking in social media during the trial, you don't want your brand trending, so they must have temporarily suspended the #mrpoints campaign to try and keep the stories about the lawsuit from trending. #marriott is not beneficial to them at the current moment.

I hope the trial ends soon and we can get back to our free points fun.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
The Erin Andrews lawsuit against a Marriott hotel started a week or so ago. It is bad press for sure.

I hope the trial ends soon and we can get back to our free points fun.
I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it, though I'm not in the US.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:47 pm

So I finally signed up for this thing. It appears I have already received 75 points, I am assuming 25 for registering and then 25 each for following MRpoints and Gaylord hotels. Looking back a couple of pages, it appears this is on hiatus for now so is everyone in a holding pattern for the time being? So I guess it is halfway encouraging that they are at least still issuing points for new sign ups. Maybe this means they are indeed just biding their time...

Last edited by Atxbobcat; Mar 7, 2016 at 12:48 pm Reason: Completing a thought...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Atxbobcat
So I finally signed up for this thing. It appears I have already received 75 points, I am assuming 25 for registering and then 25 each for following MRpoints and Gaylord hotels. Looking back a couple of pages, it appears this is on hiatus for now so is everyone in a holding pattern for the time being?
Yup!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:19 pm

Yup!
Somehow I knew you would answer affirmatively.

I'm still waiting too for the next one. I'm hoping this isn't dead like the Facebook promo.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Somehow I knew you would answer affirmatively.

I'm still waiting too for the next one. I'm hoping this isn't dead like the Facebook promo.
It'll be back. I am confident!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Do you have any info on this?

Marriott Resorts
‏@MarriottResorts

Don't forget: Next Tuesday at 3/2c we'll be giving away @MarriottRewards points during #ParadiseChat!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by panka
Do you have any info on this?
No, but Marriott does: https://www.paradisebymarriott.com/paradisechat
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Calculon
"To enter, you must be a @MarriottResorts follower and accept @MarriottResorts as a follower and tweet on Twitter your response to a #ParadiseChat question with the hashtags #ParadiseChat and #Sweepstakes (“Tweet” or “entry”) to receive one (1) entry into that entry period’s (as defined below) random drawing. The Tweet must include #ParadiseChat and #Sweepstakes within the entry. You must have a public Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Including #ParadiseChat and #Sweepstakes in a Tweet during the Sweepstakes Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.