Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Earning miles through concur

Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz

For the first time in a couple of years, I'm travelling for work again (yay!)

When I traveled for work in the past, I used Concur to book travel. My new company also uses Concur, but mileage earning systems have changed since I was last in Concur, and I'm trying to figure out how many miles I earn for bookings.

I've listed my understanding of earning rates below. I'm confused about Delta and United, and I think I get American/US and yet blue. I assume that for hotel programs and car rentals I earn points per dollar spent.

Airline programs
Delta - earn miles at reduced rate? or regular rate?
United - earn miles at reduced rate? or regular rate?
American/US - earn miles flow
JetBlue - earn miles at reduced rate

Hotel programs
Marriott - earn points per $ spent
IHG - earn points per $ spent
SPG - earn points per $ spent

Car rental programs
Hertz - earn points per $ spent
National - earn credits per usual National policy

Anyone with Concur/3rd party booking experience have any feedback?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Generally you earn per dollar on UA and DL. In some cases if it is a special, negotiated fare that might not apply but those are relatively rare.

For JetBlue you earn at 3 points/dollar. It is the "normal" rate for bookings other than via jetblue.com, which earns 3/$ bonus as well.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All

I have always earned base miles exactly the same as if booking direct with the provider. You may miss out on online booking promos and things of that nature, but that is mainly hotel stuff. Our concur hotel rates tend to suck, so I can book direct, save money and get bonuses. I won't push it for flights though.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:32 am

I don't usually book hotels or car rentals through Concur; my agency only makes me use it to book their negotiated airfare. Instead I list the per diem rate in the reservation and book via external site as per usual to collect standard earn rates. When it comes time to complete the voucher, I upload the invoices for reimbursement.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have to use concur as well

I always get full credit

as stated above, you may not get online booking bonuses

on that note, what I do is book through Concur and get the travel receipt issued by Concur that I must turn in with my expense report

What I do next for hotels if I need to do an online booking for some reason (IHG is famous for this) is that I'll use the company rate code using their online and make a duplicate booking, then cancel the concur booking and submit the folio generated from the new online booking. That has worked 100% of the time that I've needed to do that.

Ditto for Avis but I seldom need to do that with Avis since I'm allowed to make edits onto my concur reservation right on the Avis website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.