Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 free miles when you join brand new freq flyer program for Copa Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

1,000 free miles when you join brand new freq flyer program for Copa Airlines

Enrollment will start in May, and the program will be live in July. If you subscribe now for email updated with the same address you register with later, you’ll get 1,000 ConnectMiles which will be awarded 4-6 weeks after program launch in July 2015. Promotion available from 18th March to 30th April.

http://connectmiles.copaair.com/en/
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Got this same email today, I wonder if they're just sending it to anyone in UA MP? Or maybe anyone who has had their email addy registered with CM? Either way, makes sense to sign up, who knows the program might be worth switching to once all the rules are out there, never know.

Reading some of the T&C looks like it might actually be a really solid program if you fly frequently on CM. If not, it's still not bad, but for me at least, without credit card accrual I probably wouldn't get enough miles flown/earned to make it worth my while to split from AP.

Partner chart still not available, but the redemptions look decent, some better, some worse than AP, can't speak to how it compares to MP. I like that all flights on CM accrue 100% and the rest of the stuff looks pretty good.

Last edited by drvannostren; Mar 18, 2015 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Is there any way to transfer these miles to UA without any activity on Copa?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by safra1
Is there any way to transfer these miles to UA without any activity on Copa?
No. The programs are becoming independent.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Enrollment will start in May, and the program will be live in July. If you subscribe now for email updated with the same address you register with later, you’ll get 1,000 ConnectMiles which will be awarded 4-6 weeks after program launch in July 2015. Promotion available from 18th March to 30th April.

http://connectmiles.copaair.com/en/
Thank you, MileageAddict.

1) In the link's FAQ it says explicitly that miles will be earned based on the miles flown, not the price paid for the ticket. @:-) ^

2) While it doesn't matter in my case, I wonder if there could be an "Aegean situation"* here for some people -- e.g., fly United and post all miles to Copa's program. Of course, a lot can be "lost in translation". Not in the Spanish/English, but in flying on one and earning on the other, and earning on one and redeeming on the other, after United's added bricks in the wall between Mileage Plus and the Star Alliance.

3) I don't find it clear about what the mileage requirements are for the three elite levels. One might hope that, with their small network, less might be required than is required in the big guys' programs. OK, probably not.

There's also this from United's direction...

http://mileageplusupdates.com/copaupdate/

* To be sure, the "Aegean situation" no longer exists.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
4) ...Might as well join.

ETA: However ... Upon signing up to subscribe, I get: "This email is already registered."

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 5, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.