Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holidaycheck.com - Earn free AA, LY, LH, AB or BT miles for posting hotel reviews

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Gotcha. Unfortunately, from the U.S., have never been to Germany, may go but will cash in my KrisFlyer miles to get there, so AB is pretty much useless to me.
Understandably. If you visit Germany a second time, try AB's full flat Biz. Few seats for upgrades but only 25.000 miles per TATL.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wisenberger
Understandably. If you visit Germany a second time, try AB's full flat Biz. Few seats for upgrades but only 25.000 miles per TATL.
thx will check it out
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Just wondering which of these offers the best value as I'm based in Western Europe. I'd assume Air Berlin as the short haul rewards will be easier to reach.
Further to what I said yesterday, I see that you can use Etihad miles to book on many partner airlines, so it looks like Etihad miles are the way to go on holidaycheck.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:01 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Further to what I said yesterday, I see that you can use Etihad miles to book on many partner airlines, so it looks like Etihad miles are the way to go on holidaycheck.

Previously I had been doing about 75% AA, 25% etihad. Now it will be 100% etihad I guess.

With Air Serbia soon offering RT flights from the US to Belgrade, etihad miles are useful.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:52 am

What do Holidaycheck expect when they ask you to submit proof of a hotel stay? I still have all my hotel confirmation emails, are those acceptable? Or do you have to log into the website you booked the hotel at, and send a screenshot?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:50 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

What do Holidaycheck expect when they ask you to submit proof of a hotel stay? I still have all my hotel confirmation emails, are those acceptable? Or do you have to log into the website you booked the hotel at, and send a screenshot?
I have only been asked once. I just forwarded the confirmation email to them with the reference # they provided. It was approved a few days later.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
I have only been asked once. I just forwarded the confirmation email to them with the reference # they provided. It was approved a few days later.
Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:54 pm

looks like AA is no longer a partner
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by dogfan
looks like AA is no longer a partner
Indeed, was discussed last week. Shame.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:02 am

Well it's taken a while but finally got my Holidaycheck points this morning, plus a 500 bonus for it being a first Etihad Guest transaction.

Weirdly all the points came at once, despite some of my reviews being posted five weeks ago and three weeks ago.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:56 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Weirdly all the points came at once, despite some of my reviews being posted five weeks ago and three weeks ago.
Similar to my experience. I guess they do them manually in batches, as opposed to an automated system.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by chrisbarnett01
Similar to my experience. I guess they do them manually in batches, as opposed to an automated system.
I've posted five reviews so far and not had a request for proof for any of them.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:03 pm

I just tried to post a review and it said there was an unknown error. I tried again using a different browser (first used Chrome, then Firefox). Still error page came up. It had a link to let an administrator work, and that didn't work either.

Anyone else have trouble?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by cylight
I just tried to post a review and it said there was an unknown error. I tried again using a different browser (first used Chrome, then Firefox). Still error page came up. It had a link to let an administrator work, and that didn't work either.

Anyone else have trouble?
When you go to the review page, or when you click the button to submit the review?

There's no issue with the former.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:38 am

When you go to the review page, or when you click the button to submit the review?

There's no issue with the former.
When I click the button to submit the review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.