Wiki Posts
Search

Scorecard Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Scorecard Rewards

My mother recently told me about a stash of scorecard rewards she accumulated, about 80k in total. I've read points can only be used for a domestic award redemption, hotels and merchandise. I noticed some decent redemption value on tickets, but I earn in multiple currencies so no need to redeem for airfare if there are other sweet spots. Trying to learn about this program, any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jul 20, 2014 at 2:09 pm Reason: move to new thread
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
A quick Google search came up with this article titled ScoreCard Points: Why They’re Rarely Worth the Hassle. http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/rewar...recard-points/.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:02 am

Good article...

but having points already banked is very different than considering involvement in the program. My advice is to liquidate the points as best as possible and get her a good card.

My first rewards card was like this. It was 6700 points for a $50 GC or 13,200 for $100 GC with 1 point per $1. I was ecstatic to get it since I had a card with no points earning. I still have the card since it has a very low interest rate and it is almost 18 years old, but it rarely gets used.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A quick Google search came up with this article titled ScoreCard Points: Why They’re Rarely Worth the Hassle. http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/rewar...recard-points/.
Thanks, I read the article prior to posting here. Doesn't seem to be much else out there.

Originally Posted by freyguy50
but having points already banked is very different than considering involvement in the program. My advice is to liquidate the points as best as possible and get her a good card.
Yeah, we plan to use the points for hotels on a trip in April 2016. In the meantime she is already 4 months into her Barclaycard Arrival +
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

$.013 Redemption, Not Bad

Just to close the loop. We used 88,875 points (plus some cash) for 4 nights at the Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam. The points covered $1,224.65 of the total bill.

Total redemption value was 1.3 cents. I'm happy with that for random points that I didn't know were being accrued. We were also able to zero out the scorecard reward account.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:35 pm

Anyone find a decent travel deal with this reward? Hotel? Flights?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:19 am

use your credits as soon as you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.