Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximizing miles buying new Sonicare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Maximizing miles buying new Sonicare

So my second-generation circa-2000 Sonicare just died. Looking at the new, sleek, black Diamond Clean series.

Assuming ~$200 retail, depending on where I get it. $200 at the right portal could be pretty lucrative.

Can anyone recommend the best place? Best portal? Best website through best portal?

Have a bunch of cards, looking at purchasing with either Amex Platinum or Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Just wanting to make sure I don't pass by like a 5x or 10x points offer
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
This might be the funniest title I've ever seen on here. Of all the things...

My dentist sold me mine at a significant discount. I think I paid like $150 for that exact model. I put it on my CSP...but I know many dentists sell them for less than retail.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
You can find people selling new unopened dentist models on ebay at a significant discount. I prefer the Rotadent, but we always get them on ebay for <50% retail. It may say 'not for resale' on handle, but who cares.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Here's how I do it

I log into AAdvantageeshopping.com. (you could use another Cartera airline.) I then search for the item I want to buy. I will be shown all the merchants and their prices. I choose the merchant I want. Then I go to www.evreward.com. I put in the merchant and then I can see what portal has the best offer for rewards.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by paradocs
Then I go to www.evreward.com. I put in the merchant and then I can see what portal has the best offer for rewards.
I've found that http://www.cashbackmonitor.com is more accurate in terms of being up to date on current rewards-- be it for cashback or miles.

And another point for the OP to consider: If the best portal with the merchant you choose offers 3 miles/dollar spent, versus a cashback portal that pays 7%, are you better off getting cash back and then putting that cashback towards a mileage/segment run or using the mileage portal?

For me it comes down to the earning rate, be it cashback or miles. If one appears to have a better value, that's the portal I use.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
You might find that your best deal is getting a rebate from your dentist, and then purchasing the Sonicare on Amazon. Sometimes we get caught up in the hobby to the point that we are tripping over dollars trying to save pennies. Also look around for rebate coupons. There is a $15 coupon right now on the Philips Sonicare website.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:14 am

Amazon also has a bunch of coupons on Sonicare stuff right now.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:20 am

Costco has a good deal on them too
Old May 8, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT
Amazon is good bet.
Old May 10, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
CVS has a PayPal CC deal buy $150 and get a 50 CVS Credit, we did 3 deals and got the Sonicare for free.

My dentist give me 4 toothbrushes a year, but they are not electric,
Old May 17, 2014, 7:28 am

Dentists' discounts are less than you might think.
We don't even bother selling them at the office because people might often get a better price at Walmart or similar.
Old May 19, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Buy Amazon Gift cards with your Chase Ink card for 5 points per dollar, load the cards to your Amazon acct and buy the Sonicare.
Old May 19, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i think you should focus in on where and which model sonicare you want to buy...

you'll save alot more money doing that i think...

i always seem them on sd(maybe the lower models) for like 25-50$
Old May 19, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
There is no real comparison between the results you will get using lower end electronic toothbrushes and Sonicare. Using this product (and no, I do NOT work for them! ) is like going to the hygenist to have your teeth cleaned every day. IMO, well worth the extra money if you can afford it.
Old May 20, 2014, 8:30 pm

I second buying it from Costco. You get 2 of the new model with two chargers andUV sanitizers for $120. Way better deal than earning miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.