Earn free AA miles with Passport Challenge Promotion through May 23, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn free AA miles with Passport Challenge Promotion through May 23, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:02 am

What is the cutoff dates for flights.

I have a flight scheduled on May 23rd (1pm PDT). Will that flight count towards this promotion?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cacraig
I have a flight scheduled on May 23rd (1pm PDT). Will that flight count towards this promotion?

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Promo is through May 23 so I don't see why it wouldn't count.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:32 pm

promo ends tomorrow

This promo ends May 23! If you haven't already done so, it's a great way to add some miles into your account for very little effort.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:36 pm

Everything is still working, just got 1040 miles in about 20 minutes
Old May 23, 2014, 9:55 pm

Did anyone got miles? Nothing yet on my account!
Old May 24, 2014, 6:04 am

It says there that 'Your miles earned from this promotion will be credited
to your AAdvantage® account by June 20, 2014'. Waiting for my 5150 miles..
Old May 24, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nicmart
It says there that 'Your miles earned from this promotion will be credited
to your AAdvantage® account by June 20, 2014'. Waiting for my 5150 miles..
Thanks, I did not notice that!
My son`s miles are due to expire in July and this is very good option how to extend them (he is minor, and I do not have many options for that...except maybe buying some stupid magazines with miles).
Old May 27, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tedimed
Thanks, I did not notice that!
My son`s miles are due to expire in July and this is very good option how to extend them (he is minor, and I do not have many options for that...except maybe buying some stupid magazines with miles).
Um yes you do. Just use the online shopping portal to buy something you would any way. That's how I keep my niece's active. I need makeup so I go to the shopping portal and link to Neiman Marcus with free shipping and voila miles earned in an account and expiration extended.
Old May 31, 2014, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Um yes you do. Just use the online shopping portal to buy something you would any way. That's how I keep my niece's active. I need makeup so I go to the shopping portal and link to Neiman Marcus with free shipping and voila miles earned in an account and expiration extended.
Sorry, but I thought that if you want to use shopping portals (for example AA) in order to do that, you have to have open account with them. My son is 9...they did not allowed me to open account for him (I wanted to put my CC). I could open AA Advantage, but not shopping portal acc. Same thing for E rewards and similar options. I know options for adults (buy newspapers or magazines, exchange for restaurants.com, donate...etc), but for minors it is tough.
Maybe I am wrong. Is there any other way to do that?
Old May 31, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
You have parents.
Old May 31, 2014, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Tedimed
Sorry, but I thought that if you want to use shopping portals (for example AA) in order to do that, you have to have open account with them. My son is 9...they did not allowed me to open account for him (I wanted to put my CC). I could open AA Advantage, but not shopping portal acc. Same thing for E rewards and similar options. I know options for adults (buy newspapers or magazines, exchange for restaurants.com, donate...etc), but for minors it is tough.
Maybe I am wrong. Is there any other way to do that?
All you need is a FF account to use airline shopping portals, then pay using any credit card. Set up an AA shopping account for your son linked to his AA FF account and buy something cheap. Use your credit card to pay for the purchase. Simple.
Old May 31, 2014, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
All you need is a FF account to use airline shopping portals, then pay using any credit card. Set up an AA shopping account for your son linked to his AA FF account and buy something cheap. Use your credit card to pay for the purchase. Simple.
OMG....That was simple...stupid me. I thought that i tried once before and that i could not sign him up. probably that was something else (e rewards maybe, i do not remember).
Thank you million times!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Expecting a battle on this one, we'll see. My vacation trip started with a flight from BUR which qualifies for the "new domestic route" challenge. Except when I got to BUR, I was informed my flight was delayed 3-4 hours, which meant missing the connection for the international flight. Long story short, they paid for a taxi to get us to LAX for departure instead of BUR.

The whole time I'm thinking about this promo and how many miles I'm likely going to miss out on because of US Air's problems. Combined with their I-could-care-less attitude offer of 1) cancel my trip/ticket & they'd refund it or 2) wait 24 hours to depart . . . not a good start to a 2 week vacation.

I believe because of the itinerary change I'd sacrifice about 4,000 promo miles, if I'm close to understanding what's owed to me for the promo. Just sent a message to AAdvantage customer service, as that's too many miles for me to shrug off.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Steph58
The whole time I'm thinking about this promo and how many miles I'm likely going to miss out on
When the points game starts to interfere with vacation enjoyment, perhaps it's time to reconsider participating.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:33 pm

Is there any method to check how many miles are coming my way? I forgot to check before 5/31. I had done all of the challenges, didn't share on any social network, but I flew on AA international and on LAN. Never got to fly on US.

Not a bad way to earn miles for something I was going to do anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.