Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's your plan? Hoard miles or burn em if you got em?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your plan? Hoard miles or burn em if you got em?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I kind of do both.. I basically try to save up until i have enough for where i want to go in business class and then cash in. I used to think hoarding was the best idea until i started reading about all the devaluations.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: Free Agent
Burn 'em if you got them. I tend to hold on to enough for a trip to Europe in cheapie economy, but I burn miles whenever I can for flights.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I too used to save miles. But for the last 12 months I've burned 600+K miles. I still have 110K on UA, 180K on AA and 90K on DL for emergencies. Most of what I've burned were DL. I decided to move to AA last March from DL. Would love to use AS but not much of a factor in the Midwest.
I still may burn more depending on ticket prices or positioning for flights.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm kind of in-between. You save enough for a sweet, aspirational trip at the right time. I won't burn em just to take a weekend trip if I won't enjoy it. But, at the same time, I don't want to save them too long just to watch them be worth less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.