Long term USA airline FF elite strategy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long term USA airline FF elite strategy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wco81
Is the *A award inventory available to A3 comparable to the what the MP elite would see?
I haven't attempted a redemption yet, but my assumption is that when an airline makes award seats available to *A partners, I could get it with my A3 miles.

That is, I'm not aware of any Starnet blocking on the A3 end of things. Chances are good that I'm going to end up redeeming my meager A3 RDM balance for coach seats for my family members, so it's not like I'm going to be chasing LH F with my A3 miles.

Thus, if you see a partner award flight on United.com, I could believe you could call A3 and redeem it. If I was actually looking at United metal, then I'd query some other *A airline through Award Nexus just to make sure real partner award seats were there.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
AA or AS. Yes, unknows with AA, but as of now, they beat UA by a lot. 8 SWU's on any fare with 100k, no PQD (yet). many hypotheticals, but their route network is getting better w/US, they are treating their customers well, and seem to want to poach UA customers.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by travel.flier
AA or AS. Yes, unknows with AA, but as of now, they beat UA by a lot. 8 SWU's on any fare with 100k, no PQD (yet). many hypotheticals, but their route network is getting better w/US, they are treating their customers well, and seem to want to poach UA customers.
oddly enough, I've been UA, PMCO, AA, and DL elite ...

PMCO blew them all out of the water IMHO

and when I jumped ship from UA to AA after the CO merger, I hated the AA product because I felt nickle & dimed...
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
Well, with the economy improving, program changes are inevitable. Airlines have gone a decent amount of time without redemption increases, and I was thinking for sure this is something all major airlines will roll out due to the obscene, historic, and unprecedented amount of CC-linked bonus miles they've doled out over the past decade.

Compared to other Western countries, it's still stupid easy to rack up 100s of 1000s of miles very easily in the US. I think it's worth playing this game so long as the goal is the top level of status.

The average consumer who isn't too travel savvy, travels once or twice in a year, and doesn't understand the ins and outs of the FFPs isn't necessarily the one who gets screwed over. They rarely travel, they're going to be stressed regardless of the situation. The biggest thing they'll holler about is baggage fees. It's the layer of semi-regular travelers who get hosed. They've got just enough miles to think of redemptions, not enough miles to warrant any special privileges, and not enough know-how to get around many extra charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.