Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 1,000 bonus miles with the MileagePlus Small Business Network

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Earn 1,000 bonus miles with the MileagePlus Small Business Network

Just got this via email:

"Imagine earning award miles for your small business's day-to-day spending, like paying utilities, shipping packages, purchasing computer equipment, and processing credit card payments.

Introducing the MileagePlus® Small Business Network, a program that rewards participating companies that put everything into their small businesses. Enroll your business today and earn 1,000 bonus miles after transacting and earning 100 miles with our Network partners"

United Small Business Network
Old May 17, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP
This creates a new small business account;

Terms and Conditions:
This account will be separate from personal MileagePlus member accounts.

Not sure how you can really put these miles to use.
Old May 17, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Just got this via email:

"Imagine earning award miles for your small business's day-to-day spending, like paying utilities, shipping packages, purchasing computer equipment, and processing credit card payments.

Introducing the MileagePlus® Small Business Network, a program that rewards participating companies that put everything into their small businesses. Enroll your business today and earn 1,000 bonus miles after transacting and earning 100 miles with our Network partners"

United Small Business Network
I got this email too. It looks similar to the American Express Open program with selected retailers that earn bonuses.

There aren't a lot of retailers in the program now, but if you use some of them, why not get these miles too?

Last edited by LetsGoToo; May 17, 2013 at 9:44 pm
Old May 17, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: AmEX Platinum, HYATT - Diamond, SPG - Gold, HILTON - Gold, IHG - Platinum,
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
This creates a new small business account;

Terms and Conditions:
This account will be separate from personal MileagePlus member accounts.

Not sure how you can really put these miles to use.
same way you put personal miles to use. You can book award flights
Old May 18, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by winner88
same way you put personal miles to use. You can book award flights
I think the question was how to put 1,000 miles to use.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AS MVP
I suppose you could pick up these miles and then ask United to merge your accounts. But I don't see this being worthwhile any other way.
Old May 19, 2013, 5:44 pm

regarding transferring the miles.. from the Use Miles section:

Buy, transfer, or give miles

Top off miles in your account or give them to someone else. Fee waived transfers coming soon.
Overall, it just looks like another shopping portal to me. But UPS isn't listed on rewardsdb or evreward, so I think it may be a first time for them.

Now, the United PerksPlus program which is listed as a partner looks like an actual business program. Even gives you 5k "perksplus points" for joining via that link.. which according to T&C you aren't even allowed to redeem (if there was something that low on the redemption chart - there isn't) until you've spent 5k on airfare over 3 consecutive months.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It looks like fee-waived mileage transfers are coming soon so you could just move those into your Mileage Plus account for free.
Old May 22, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
i created one, but one has to earn 100 points first in order to get the 1000. oy.
Old May 28, 2013, 6:14 pm

I need to buy ink from Staples so let's see what happens.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Did anyone get any miles with them?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
I did not. Neither did the wife. I did the transactions at Staples. Have not bothered harassing them over it since I'm not clear how I'd get the miles out of there anyway. So they'd probably just be stranded.

Not sure why this got hyped to the extent it did. Doubt I'm alone. Only out a few bucks though.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by Fanfoot
I did not. Neither did the wife. I did the transactions at Staples. Have not bothered harassing them over it since I'm not clear how I'd get the miles out of there anyway. So they'd probably just be stranded.

Not sure why this got hyped to the extent it did. Doubt I'm alone. Only out a few bucks though.
They announced free transfers into personal accounts in the near future. I spent a lot on UPS, so it will be something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.