Wiki Posts
Search

Another Diet Coke Rewards Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 1999, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Another Diet Coke Rewards Question

For someone who has recieved the reward chart in the mail--

It seems from what they told me on the phone when I signed up for diet coke rewards, that all you have to do is buy 67 cases (24 packs) of diet coke and you earn 25000 skymiles OR a free 4 day cruise for 2 to mexico or the carribean. Now, with the 2-for-1 deals that are out there (like right now at Safeway) I can buy 2 12 packs of D.C. for $4.49US. That means that it will cost me $300 for the miles or cruise...plus I get all the coke to rot my teeth. Is there anything that prohibits credit for 2 for one deals? Am I right here?
Old Aug 25, 1999, 11:32 am
Original Member

There should be nothing that prohibits it -- the systems works off the scanner. Each time an item is scanned, a count is kept and trasmitted to Diet Coke along with your Freq. Shopper number. There is nothing in the literature that says you have to pay a certain price to get the credit.

Unless Safeway does not scan the second item, you should get credit for both. I would assume with the high level of reliance on scan data for everything from restocking the shelves to asking for a better price based on the number of items sold that all chains would scan all items and have the computer make the adjustment.

--Jim
Old Aug 25, 1999, 2:55 pm
JoE

I only shop at safeway for diet coke when they have their buy one get one free special. I always get the correct number of points.
Old Aug 25, 1999, 11:01 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I shop at Safeway and am participating in the Diet Coke promo. Purchasing two 12-paks automatically shows up as 100 points without any problems.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Aug 26, 1999, 3:57 pm
Ken

Programs: Delta Silver
Aflyer-is the info about the 25K miles/cruise on the web? I was unable to find it. Thnx

Ken
Old Aug 26, 1999, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Ken-

No, it's not on the web. I can't even get on the web apparently until my membership is done being processed. But I've gotten the same info about the 25K miles from two different representatives at DC Rewards..so I assume it's valid...
Old Aug 26, 1999, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
I've got a question that someone might be able to answer. My problem is that I travel every week and do the majority of my DC purchase while on the road. (i'm only home two weekends a month) I registered for the DC rewards program recently, but can I register more than one supermarket card so that I can earn points on the road?

ontherun (in BOS this week)
Old Aug 27, 1999, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Where can I get a list of which grocery stores are participating? We drink about a 12pk a day in this house and I am willing to drive a few miles to buy diet coke by the carload if I have to. It'll never go to waste. Diet Coke was on sale here for $2.85 a case (yup-24 pk) this summer and I would of had tons of miles!!!!!
Old Aug 27, 1999, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Diet Coke's web site lists the stores you can register to buy from.
http://www.dietcokerewards.com/
Old Aug 28, 1999, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Ok...so Safeway has a deal for .5 liter 6 packs right now...2 for $5. So I just got back from the store with 110 6 packs of .5 liter bottles. It cost me $314.87 for all of it. My pantry looks like the beverage section at Costco. That will give me the 6700 points for the cruise.
So here's my numbers:
110 6 packs is
660 bottles is
11154 oz. is
697 pounds (in the back of my car!!)
is 6600 points is
$314.88 is
$.0475 per point is (if transferred to Delta)
$.0125 per Delta Sky Mile or
$157.43 per person for the 3-4 night cruise is
a coke a day for 1 year, 9 months, and 25 days is
64 rotted teeth (that's mine and my wifes.)
(by the way, I had to go to 5 different safeways tonight all over the county to find enough of these packs. The most I found was 52 packs at one store. I had to ring them up and pay for them 4 at a time to get the deal because it's limit 4 per visit. You should've seen the checkers faces when they saw me coming. The amazing thing is my wife came with me and helped me and was a good sport about the whole thing!! I think she accepted my frequent flier mile addiction before she married me...thank God.)

[This message has been edited by aflyer (edited 08-28-1999).]

[This message has been edited by aflyer (edited 08-28-1999).]
Old Aug 29, 1999, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Well, I had a party last night and got through my first six pack. Only 109 of them to go...
Old Sep 3, 1999, 4:25 pm

ontherun....I'm not sure if you ever got an answer, but yes you can register at more that one store chain. However you will then have two separate accounts.
Old Sep 3, 1999, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Milesnut,
Nope didn't get an answer here, but called DC and was told that I could register as many store cards as I wanted. Now the idea pops up that I could have my parents in IL, my sister in CO, my other sister in FL, nieces and nephews in MO, KS, CA and friends around the country provide me their store #'s and then I can receive credit for their DC purchases.......Hmmmmmm. May be the solution to stop me from buying 110 six paks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.