850 miles PER dollar spent at Verizonwireless.com using Barclays US mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

850 miles PER dollar spent at Verizonwireless.com using Barclays US mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dsssp
Take screenshots and purchase products that can be returned for full refund ... usually 2 wks with verizon (I think) ... LONG SHOT definitely... if honored though... purchase of 2 ipad mini = can equate to 1.3M miles.
And lots of iPhone 5 unlocked.
(Those have quite a bit of value if resold new)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Here goes nothing!

Well, I just pulled the trigger on this offer, now how long should it be before I get my 510k miles?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:12 am

Corrected email just arrived:

*PLEASE NOTE: THE PREVIOUSLY CIRCULATED EMAIL HAD AN INCORRECT OFFER FOR VERIZON WIRELESS. PLEASE SEE CORRECTED OFFER TERMS BELOW.*

Earn up to 30 miles per dollar (no, not 850!) on exclusive holiday deals + Earn up to 1,000 bonus miles
View in web browser
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Interesting... This is a tough one for them because people signed up for 2 year contracts here, they didn't just buy an easily-returnable product.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:22 am

There is a 14 day window to cancel new contracts...but if you did not email them for 15 days to ask where your 500,000 miles are? You'd probably have no way out of the contract at that point...

Keep your printouts of the old email, and links, and fight for those miles.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:55 am

Just received a correction email stating:

*PLEASE NOTE: THE PREVIOUSLY CIRCULATED EMAIL HAD AN INCORRECT OFFER FOR VERIZON WIRELESS. PLEASE SEE CORRECTED OFFER TERMS BELOW.*

Earn up to 30 miles per dollar (no, not 850!) on exclusive holiday deals + Earn up to 1,000 bonus miles
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
There is a 14 day window to cancel new contracts...but if you did not email them for 15 days to ask where your 500,000 miles are? You'd probably have no way out of the contract at that point...

^ The promo email had a claim that you'd earn 850 miles per dollar, even though that wasn't in the T&C. So the question is: did you accept an offer of 850 miles per dollar? By their followup email, the answer is Yes. They're admitting that 850 miles per dollar was in the original offer.

Send an email today, stating that the terms you agreed to, when you agreed to them, include 850 miles per dollar. Don't ask for anything, just have that on record.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:35 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Welcome to FT!
Great to see good advice from the beginning.
I do not think it is worth anything as VZN will not honor it,
but.....

Originally Posted by methodman
^ The promo email had a claim that you'd earn 850 miles per dollar, even though that wasn't in the T&C. So the question is: did you accept an offer of 850 miles per dollar? By their followup email, the answer is Yes. They're admitting that 850 miles per dollar was in the original offer.

Send an email today, stating that the terms you agreed to, when you agreed to them, include 850 miles per dollar. Don't ask for anything, just have that on record.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:22 am

This is not going to be honored. Catera will tell you to contact US Airways who will tell you its Carteras problem. If you persist long enough they will give you 5000 miles to stop bugging them.

Good luck to everyone who got in on this. I hope you take these SOB's to the cleaners.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
Welcome to FT!
Great to see good advice from the beginning.
I do not think it is worth anything as VZN will not honor it,
but.....
First, thanks for saying my advice isn't worth anything.
I wasn't clear.

Yes, you're right that there's no way VZN will honor it.

Here's what I was really getting at:

• The OP is in a contract.
• By VZN's own admission, they offered terms they shouldn't have, and they won't offer those terms to anyone else any more from that moment forward. But by sending that email, they did admit those were the terms at the time OP agreed to them.
• Some day, OP might not want to be in this contract.
• I think it would be in the OP's best interest to establish now that, on Day 1, VZN acknowledged they were not living up to their own offer, and are already in breach of their agreement.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: American,US, ContinentalUnited
Cartera and VERIZON combination is a Big Spam for them to make money

They had similar offer on AA eshops, I lost money for purchasing some crap; I never received the promissed miles. They are collaborators in outright cheating. Please don't fall for the SPAM advertizement.

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
To contact the sender, write to Cartera Commerce at the physical address above or send us your inquiry through our Contact Us page.

Nuff said...these guys are known to make tons of mistakes and hide behind the crappy way they run these portals. Just a shameful and sloppy company...good luck to any that join in, I hope you succeed against these fools.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Stubtify

Good luck.
Even MM couldn't win against them...
Plus if I filled I would have to risk travel costs
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
So i have the barclays card

Anyone here wanna get a class action started from now? You know, so we wait less time to hear the known answer from these fools?

MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.