[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Applied for both personal and biz. Got approved for personal (had to call b/c it was initially pending)

For the business I was told to call 800-582-6471 to address additional questions, and when i called I was told I was rejected

When I asked why he rattled off a couple related things such as my business was too new, too little history and too similar to the other card I applied for.

Is there a reconsideration line to appeal to? I'd like to give the biz card one last shot..
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:27 am

yep

I just told a blogger a few days ago that the 25k offer was low for *wood and that he should wait to see if a better offer comes out later this year.....how timely. I canceled mine about a year ago, so I still have to wait a while. My wife kept her card and I transferred all my points to her account (nice feature of *wood).
Thanks

Last edited by philemer; Aug 7, 2012 at 11:15 am Reason: comm. content removed
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CBS9000
Applied for both personal and biz. Got approved for personal (had to call b/c it was initially pending)

For the business I was told to call 800-582-6471 to address additional questions, and when i called I was told I was rejected

When I asked why he rattled off a couple related things such as my business was too new, too little history and too similar to the other card I applied for.

Is there a reconsideration line to appeal to? I'd like to give the biz card one last shot..
did you have any other past or current amex biz card?
maybe you should have left it blank( the space to enter SPG number?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond

Last edited by philemer; Aug 7, 2012 at 11:11 am Reason: removed comm. content
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
A number of the points bloggers have partnered with Amex / Starwood and are giving away a LOT of Starwood points to help publicize this offer (up to 50K / blogger).

I've put together a list here. Now at 10 different contests, and over 500K Starwood points up for grabs (some much less work to enter than others)!

Last edited by milesmuncher; Aug 8, 2012 at 6:37 pm Reason: Updated details on giveaways
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Moderator hat on-

No more requests for referrals please. Please read the TOS re: commercial content.

If you meet the rules you may create a referral in your Signature line.

Moderator hat off-
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by emptiness
did you have any other past or current amex biz card?
maybe you should have left it blank( the space to enter SPG number?
No, never had one. I did fill in my SPG number on both apps.

If anyone knows of a reconsideration number, or a recommended strategy for appealing, I'd love to hear it.

I was told that a written letter explaining the rejection is forthcoming.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Does this new 30k offer waive the $65 annual fee?
$0 first year, $65 after

Originally Posted by sd1024
Anyone have a wild guess as to how long this offer will last?

Also does anyone know which credit bureau(s) will show the credit pull?
According to the information that came along with the links given by AMEX to my site: the Business lasts til Sept 4th and Personal until September 3rd.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by pantanal
Just got the business card last month. Will SM amex to see if they will bump up
Post if they match it. I also sent in messages to AM Ex on both our accounts to see if they will bump up to 30K. No responses yet. I also sent a tweet to Am Ex and they stated they do not match new marketing offers after you have already applied.... would love to hear back from someone if they are bumped up.

I know Chase has a 90 day window...wish Am Ex would follow...
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Do Amex expedite the card shipment? I have a stay coming up early next week. Wondering if they can get the card in hand by Friday?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by pmat2009
Do Amex expedite the card shipment? I have a stay coming up early next week. Wondering if they can get the card in hand by Friday?
For expedite delivery try calling (800) 297-3276.

Pretty sure it should be good if you call within 1 day of your app approval.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by pmat2009
When I signed up for mine last weekend it was at my door on Wed.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
referral link removed.....Mod.

Thanks - this link worked for me (personal account) - instant approval.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm Reason: remove comm. content/link
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:57 pm

I referred a co-worker and when I was filling out the form it listed the 30K point offer. When my co-worker got the message from Amex it was the old 25K offer. Did anyone else have this same problem?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by DukeBBFan
I got this card in July 2010. I cancelled it June 2011. I applied yesterday ( I know, I missed the 30,000 point offer) and I got instant approval and they said I would received the bonus when I met the required spend so it appears to be churnable with a two year wait from when you applied for the previous one.
thanks for the data point. from what i have read the bonus eligibility timeline is applying more than 1 year after card cancellation. I don't think app date has any bearing on it. please post when you receive your 10k for initial spend. this is the portion of the bonus that is tied to the 1 year or greater rule. from what i understand the bonus for spend is open to anyone who is approved for the card regardless of when you last had the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.