Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PetRx Delta 40 points per dollar!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
Is there anything easily resold on their site? I could see making a 500 purchase for the 20,000 miles if i could recoup 90% on eBay. That would be 1/4 cent a mile.
There are quite a few things.. I did a few rough calculations and assuming that we'd sell the item for atleast $10 less than what it's being sold for on Amazon,we'd basically be losing/paying about $175 for 20,000 miles. That's roughly 1/4th the cost of buying the miles from Delta ($700 for 20k).

I'm looking for items that are popular and thus sell fast...and preferably the more expensive, the better.

If someone has any good ideas, please let us know.

Last edited by jatink129; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
T... I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find something more cost effective...and will post back. ^
The law of supply and demand is not your friend here. Don't post until you've sold these items. Posting what you're going to sell here could flood the market with copycat sellers. You'll go from $175 per 20k to $375 per 20k.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Stubtify
The law of supply and demand is not your friend here. Don't post until you've sold these items. Posting what you're going to sell here could flood the market with copycat sellers. You'll go from $175 per 20k to $375 per 20k.
or that.

^^
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
You could donate items to animal shelters and get the deduction on ur taxes for the purchase price. There are several that need supplies and some are running out of food completely.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
You could donate items to animal shelters and get the deduction on ur taxes for the purchase price. There are several that need supplies and some are running out of food completely.
Is there a qualified list of those shelters in more desperate need for various areas of the US? This is actually something I wouldnt mind doing.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for posting, ordered a bunch of cat food (prices competitive) that I'd have to buy anyway. Would love to find a good deal for resale but looks tough...
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Got in on this.
Getting a fairly expensive transborder ticket for $300 isn't bad.
(selling what I got at 45% loss)
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: No preference
Any idea yet on when this ends? I'm in for about $1500.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
Any idea yet on when this ends? I'm in for about $1500.
Nope.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Retailmenot has a deal for existing customers. Don't know what the definition of "existing customers" is, though.

Mike
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeef
Retailmenot has a deal for existing customers. Don't know what the definition of "existing customers" is, though.

Mike
do you mean a coupon code to use with this? If so be very careful. I read a post from someone about adding a coupon on a previous deal and they got no miles. My understanding is that if any other discount is applied you will not receive the miles.

If you mean something else please elaborate.

Last edited by aviator8; Jul 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by aviator8
do you mean a coupon code to use with this? If so be very careful. I read a post from someone about adding a coupon on a previous deal and they go no miles. My understanding is that if any other discount is applied you will not receive the miles.

If you mean something else please elaborate.
Indeed, a coupon code. There are some merchants that do allow you to use the CC, others that don't. I don't know which one PCRX is.

Mike
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pcharles
Is there a qualified list of those shelters in more desperate need for various areas of the US? This is actually something I wouldnt mind doing.
I don't know if there is a list anywhere. You can do a google search for a shelter in your area or nationwide and have food/supplies shipped directly there. If you want the tax deduction, just check that they are a 501c3 organization.

Here is a link to the Amazon wishlist for Sampson County Animal Shelter (I have no affiliation with them) http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishl..._XqK7pb1Q22B3K. You can see the types of things they need and see if you can buy these same types of things for miles. I don't think they qualify for a tax deduction, but they are making great strides to improve their facility after getting a new director.

This is a link for a new rescue in my area that takes in a lot of animals that could use some help. http://www.nokillelpaso.org/index.html

SPCA needs dog food. http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb.../1021/LIVING02

You could also contact the ASPCA or your local Humane Society.

I have no affiliation with any of these but I follow them, so I know donations would be appreciated.

Last edited by sweetz_21_83; Jul 24, 2012 at 6:25 pm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:42 pm

I bought two 17lb bags of Purina One cat food that I buy here at Petsmart. They were a couple of dollars more than what I pay, but no tax, and free shipping.

So I got 2200 Delta points for that. Not too shabby.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by dakid23
What link do i click on?

Also where do i put my delta info at?
place what you want to buy in your cart, and at the end when you go through check out just go to STEP 3: Payment Information, then RIGHT UNDER THAT is something (in Green) that says Promotions & Discounts (optional). Toggle that, and you will see this:

Delta Airlines SkyMiles Members

Attention delta Skymiles Members. Enter your SkyMiles account number below and earn XXXXX miles from this order!

(It will tell you exactly what number of miles you will get).

And don't bother going through a portal to get to this, you only get one discount.

I called and talked to customer service. The points don't get credited until 20 days after the items have been shipped.

Also, they have been doing this promotion for quite a while, so this isn't something new.

Shipping is free, it seems.

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 25, 2012 at 6:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.