FREE 1,000 United Miles via Thanks Again Visa Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileageplus, JetBlue Trueblue, Virgin America Elevate, Hilton Honors, Priority Club
Thumbs up FREE 1,000 United Miles via Thanks Again Visa Offers

I posted this over at Slickdeals aready, but thought I'd repost here.

Thanks Again, another service that tracks where you spend your credit card at, has a special enrollment bonus of 1000 free miles for enrolling in their version of Visa Offers.

I've only tried doing this through United to get United Mileageplus Miles. Here is how you do it:
  1. Go to United.com
  2. Go to > Mileageplus > Earn Award Miles > Gifts, flowers, wine, daily deals and more > Thanks Again
  3. Register for a new Thanks Again account (existing users, you can sign in as long as you originally registered through United. Otherwise, you won't be able to get united miles.)
  4. Once you're done registering, click on "My Account".
  5. Underneath your billing info, there should be a link that says "Click Here to Join Thanks Again Offers." Click on it. (There is also a skyscraper-style vertical banner ad on the right side that you can click.)
  6. The offer should appear saying you'll receive 1000 miles for signing up for this Visa Offers. Note two things: 1) you have to enroll your phone via text message, 2) you have to register a visa credit card with this offer. They will track the spending on that card.
  7. That's it! Just wait. Once you're registered, bonus miles should deposit in 4-6 weeks to your Thanks Again account. Awesome. (Takes an additional 4-6 weeks to post from Thanks Again account to your United miles account.)

Free miles? Let's celebrate.

Additional Notes:
  • You are enrolling your phone number and registered card directly with Visa. Thanks Again is just a partner. Visa already has your personal info, they just want your permission to track your spending for marketing and sales purposes, so they can send directed ads to your phone.
  • You can always opt out of the text messages by replying back via text "STOP"
  • If you have enrolled in a previous Visa Offers program, as long as it is not through Thanks Again, YOU ARE STILL ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROMOTION!

Terms for the Thanks Again Offer:
*Prepaid cards including Visa Buxx, Visa Gift cards, Visa Healthcare cards, Visa Incentive cards, and Visa TravelMoney, are not eligible for enrollment at this time.
Offers delivered to your mobile device in connection with Thanks Again Offers are valid in the United States. Certain restrictions may apply.
**Upon clicking "Earn 1000 Bonus Miles >>" or "Get Mobile Offers" above, we will send your name, email address and member number to Visa to simplify enrollment in Thanks Again Offers.
1000 Bonus Miles Terms And Conditions: To participate in Thanks Again Offers and receive 1000 Bonus Miles you must: (i) be a Thanks Again member registered to earn miles via Thanks Again and (ii) enroll in Thanks Again Offers using an eligible Visa card. Bonus miles will be deposited to the enrolled member's Thanks Again account within 4 - 6 weeks after successful enrollment in Thanks Again Offers, and any earned miles will be transferred to the enrolled member's valid frequent flyer account within 6 - 8 weeks after successful enrollment in Thanks Again Offers. Limit one (1) set of 1000 Bonus miles per Thanks Again member, regardless of the number of Thanks Again accounts. Offer expires on 9/30/12 and enrollment in Thanks Again Offers must be completed by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on 9/30/12. Void where prohibited. Subject to standard Thanks Again Membership Terms and Conditions.
Originally Posted by Thanks Again FAQ Page
When will my rewards be credited to my member account with my Participating Reward Provider?
Generally, your account will be credited within 6-8 weeks of your purchase.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:29 pm

Thanks Again counted as a Grand Slam hit last year, so I would rather designate USAir as my earning airline.

(But maybe that's just me)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:19 pm

It looks like MyPoints is also offering 750 miles for joining.

Last edited by mia; Jul 11, 2012 at 6:56 am Reason: Repair link
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:52 pm

Thanks OP. I have previously signed up for Thanks Again as part of the GS last year. I do not see how this would stop you from using thanks again this year if there is a GS. This is tied to your United account, the miles should post with enough time to cancel this even and re-register for a US account.

In for 2, an easy 1k. Thanks again.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: AS, SPG
In 4 1
Old Jul 11, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Anybody having difficulties getting the text? I used my Google Voice number, which sends/receives texts just fine, but I can't get the verification code to come through.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:49 am

My Google Voice number has never worked with services like this.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:07 am

Tried for like half an hour-never got sms code . I tried to 3 numbers
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Stubtify
Thanks OP. I have previously signed up for Thanks Again as part of the GS last year. I do not see how this would stop you from using thanks again this year if there is a GS. This is tied to your United account, the miles should post with enough time to cancel this even and re-register for a US account.

In for 2, an easy 1k. Thanks again.
How does one cancel/re-register a Thanks Again account? I originally signed up with Thanks Again with United, but would like to have the option of going for a GS hit.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 8:55 am

Deal dead?

I think this deal is dead. I signed up but there wa sno mention of the bonus.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:14 am

nevermind.

Last edited by lbotez; Jul 11, 2012 at 10:18 am
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by brettskyg
I think this deal is dead. I signed up but there wa sno mention of the bonus.
It still seems to be alive - link.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: many
To those who have signed up previously. Does this not open the door to solitication on a grander scale that kind of goes against the "do-not-call" program to keep solicitors off your phones? How often are you getting pop-up ads and promos?

Is the 1000 free miles really worth the mouse trap?
To each their own, but until I hear more feedback on what you are getting pimped for and how often, I'll sit this one out and just let the card companies sell my spending habits and the gov't track my cell phone like normal.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I've used ThanksAgain with DL as my earning partner for years. It's always nice to find random miles pop up in your account that you didn't expect. For example, the parking vendor at my home airport is a partner, so any time I pay there with a registered card, miles show up on top of the miles I earn from the card spend.

I registered for a new account with US as partner during the GS last year. This worked just fine. You can even use the same credit card from the other account, but unlike Rewards Network, you'll have to delete it from the other account first -- it won't automatically de-register it.

I just registered for a new account again with UA as a partner and enrolled my cell# for this offer. Once I get the miles, I'll de-enroll from the texting offer. This is similar to the Priority Club/VISA offer that's been floating around.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Do these miles automatically post to your UA account? Or do you have to transfer them from Thanks Again when they hit there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.