Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CX HK
Sky Team
  • AF/KL: Lifetime Platinum (ST E+) after 10 consecutive years of membership at the Platinum level
  • DL: Lifetime Gold (ST E+), then Platinum (ST E+), then Diamond (ST E+) and finally DL 360 (ST E+) after 1M, 2M, 3M and 5MM respectively of Butt in Seat miles, i.e. from any ST flights. Any existing MM balance will be honored at 1:1 ratio
  • KE: Morning Calm Premium (ST E+) @ 500,000 miles on any ST flights; Lifetime Million Miler (ST E+) after 1M miles on any ST flights; the SKYPASS program changes on 1 February 2024, so lifetime tiers are only achievable until then
  • VN: ST E+ after 1 million qualifying miles accumulated from taking VN-coded flights, operated by Vietnam Airlines since enrollment
  • VS: Lifetime Gold after earning 7500 tier points AND 10 years consecutive Gold status.
Star Alliance
  • AC: on AC metal flights only--lifetime 50K (Elite) (*G) after 1M miles; lifetime 75K after 2M miles; lifetime 100K (SuperElite) after 3M miles
  • AV: Member must earn 1MM (Lifetime Gold, *G) via AV and affiliate metal, be 60 years of age AND be a LifeMiles or previous program member for 15 years. 2MM gives Lifetime Diamond. Program is called CENIT
  • CA: Lifetime Platinum (*G) after 1M kms on CA-coded flights only
  • LH: Lifetime FTL (*S) after 30,000 QP(qualifying points). Lifetime Senator (*G) after 40,000 QP(qualifying points).
  • MS: Lifetime Platinum (*G) after 1M miles on MS flights (or all *A flights ??)
  • NH: 500k (NH Metal) - , 1MM (NH Metal) - (1)No mileage expiration, (2)Superflyers Card, 2MM/3MM (NH Metal) - (3)F Suite lounge access on NH Metal and (1) and (2)
  • OZ: Lifetime Diamond Plus (*G) after 500,000 miles on *A flights/ 500 OZ's flights. Lifetime Platinum after 1M *A flights/ 1k OZ's flights
  • SA: Lifetime Platinum (*G) after 6 consecutive years of membership at the Platinum level or alternatively: 720 000 SAA Tier Miles** during a minimum of 4 consecutive years and to a maximum of 6 consecutive years on Platinum status by earning at least 120 000 SAA Tier Miles in each year
  • SK : Lifetime Gold (*G) after 10 consecutive years of membership at Gold or higher level
  • UA: Lifetime Gold (*G), Platinum (*G), 1K (*G), GS (*G) after 1M, 2M, 3M, 4M respectively, but only flown on UA/UAX metal (no longer CM). MM's may share their current status (if higher than their MM tier) with one companion.
Oneworld
  • AA: Lifetime Gold (OW Ruby), Platinum (OW Sapphire) after 1M, 2M miles (BiS only; used to be all miles earned before Dec 2011)
  • AS: 1MM earns lifetime MVP Gold (OW Sapphire) and Gold 75K (OW Emerald) at 2MM. AS metal only. MM's receive complimentary meals in Main Cabin as well as an annual boost of 20 000 Elite Qualifying miles. MM's may share their current status (if higher than their MM tier) with one companion.
  • AY: Lifetime Gold (OW Sapphire) 2M tier points; Lifetime Platinum (OW Emerald) after 3.3M tier points
  • BA: Lifetime Gold (OW Emerald) at 35,000 tier points; Lifetime GGL at 100,000 tier points
  • IB: Lifetime Infinita (OW Emerald) 125,000 Elite Points since you signed up to the Iberia Plus programme; Infinita Prime (OW Emerald) 200,000 Elite Points
  • QF: Lifetime Silver (OW Ruby) after 7,000 status credits: Lifetime Gold (OW Sapphire) after 14,000 status credits; Lifetime Platinum (OW Emerald) after 75,000 status credits
  • JL: Lifetime OW Sapphire with JAL Global Club Three Star or higher (1500 Life Status Points)
Non aligned airlines
  • LY: ​​The Matmid Frequent Flyer Club awards lifelong Gold membership to members aged 67 and over, they held Gold, Platinum or Top Platinum member​ship through consecutive 10 years​.​
  • PR: Mabuhay Miles Million Miler membership is earned by those who collect 1 000 000 tier miles
Print Wikipost

Lifetime status by airline -- attempted summary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Yes, AS looks a lot easier to achieve than AA. That was not the case when AA credited all miles (including credit card spend) toward lifetime status, but that loophole expired. Moveover AA 1MM only gets largely worthless Gold, you'd have to fly 2MM to get the equivalent of AS MVPG.

It is difficult to see why anyone would credit to AA aanymore.

Looking at the chart I wish UA had that same 10yr rule as LH and others. I'd be lifetime 1K...
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 5:36 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Yes, AS looks a lot easier to achieve than AA. That was not the case when AA credited all miles (including credit card spend) toward lifetime status, but that loophole expired. Moveover AA 1MM only gets largely worthless Gold, you'd have to fly 2MM to get the equivalent of AS MVPG.

It is difficult to see why anyone would credit to AA aanymore.

Looking at the chart I wish UA had that same 10yr rule as LH and others. I'd be lifetime 1K...
Alaska though appears to only count miles on AS towards lifetime status, so it is only really better if the majority of your travel is on Alaska.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
DL now gives members who hit 6MM Lifetime Diamond Medallion. Wiki updated.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:05 am

Korean Morning Calm

I think update is needed on Korean. I am not familiar with the details but am under the impression that Korean got rid of the possibility to attain Morning Calm lifetime status by flying.
Another possibility was (or still is) to give a ~$40k donation to a hospital somehow own/managed by the same group that owns Korean. Don't know if this possibility persists though.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by koopa
I think update is needed on Korean. I am not familiar with the details but am under the impression that Korean got rid of the possibility to attain Morning Calm lifetime status by flying.
Another possibility was (or still is) to give a ~$40k donation to a hospital somehow own/managed by the same group that owns Korean. Don't know if this possibility persists though.
I thought KAL postponed these changes until further notice (or was it 2022?) so I'll leave it in there for now.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA CK, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
DL now gives members who hit 6MM Lifetime Diamond Medallion. Wiki updated.
That is great to know. Hard to achieve but great to know.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:25 am

Virgin Atlantic added

Earning at least 1,000 Tier Points in a year will renew your Gold status, so as an extra reward for staying Gold, you'll be able to treat someone to a companion ticket. And if you’ve been a Gold member for ten consecutive years and earned 7,500 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic flights in that time, you’ll be made a Gold member for life.”
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:27 am

Virgin Atlantic added

Earning at least 1,000 Tier Points in a year will renew your Gold status, so as an extra reward for staying Gold, you'll be able to treat someone to a companion ticket. And if you’ve been a Gold member for ten consecutive years and earned 7,500 Tier Points on Virgin Atlantic flights in that time, you’ll be made a Gold member for life.”
Is this new?

and is this also retroactive for member who until now also have had ten years gold with 7.5k tier points?

thanks
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:00 pm

[DUPLICATE]
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Is this new?

and is this also retroactive for member who until now also have had ten years gold with 7.5k tier points?

thanks
I honestly don't know, I read in a another thread here in the MilesBuzz forum and saw that the OP mentioned LT status on VS. I decided to check and found the info I posted on their website. Usually lifetime status is retroactive, spanning your entire account history. At least when BA lauched LT Gold about 10yrs ago, they counted all tier points collected since account opening.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I thought KAL postponed these changes until further notice (or was it 2022?) so I'll leave it in there for now.
Indeed, the change goes into effect in Febuary 2024, so technically somebody may still reach the set targets. The new KE SKYPASS program is KE heavy on all tiers.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Seeking some elaboration on NH's AMC Million Miler Program / Lifetime Status

Dear Forum Members,

I'm seeking an alternative to OZ (fearing the takeover by KE leading to OZ disappearing or leaving *A)

Have been looking at NH's program but am confused by the wording of their Million Miler Program, namely I am not sure if a "million miler" has "lifetime" say, platinum status (*A Gold) or just "lifetime validity of redeemable points". Am pasting the contents below.

Would really be grateful to any NH Million Miler willing to share their experience, thanks in advance

Benefit One: Lifetime extension: no expiration
ANA Lifetime Miles: with 1 million Lifetime Miles or more.

The expiration date for unused mileage in your ANA mileage account will be extended indefinitely (mileage will not expire). Make the most of the extended mileage life.
Benefit Two: Super Flyers Card eligibility
ANA Lifetime Miles: with 1 million Lifetime Miles or more

Take advantage and apply for the Super Flyers Card at any time. Super Flyers Card is normally offered to our Diamond service and Platinum service members. You can benefit as an ANA Premium Member for as long as this card is activated.
Please call ANA Mileage Club Service Center for an application form.
ANA Super Flyers Card is a paid annual membership card with a credit card function. Applicants must fulfill all criteria for membership. Card issuance will be subject to screening as required by the credit card provider.
See details of ANA Super Flyers Card
Benefit Three: Permanent ANA SUITE LOUNGE access
ANA Lifetime Miles: with 2 million Lifetime Miles or more.

Relax before your flight at any ANA SUITE LOUNGE (including ANA LOUNGE) when traveling on ANA Group operated flights. The ANA LOUNGE Access Card will be sent to you granting access to ANA lounges. Please present your ANA LOUNGE Access Card when entering the lounge.

Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Dear Forum Members,

I'm seeking an alternative to OZ (fearing the takeover by KE leading to OZ disappearing or leaving *A)

Have been looking at NH's program but am confused by the wording of their Million Miler Program, namely I am not sure if a "million miler" has "lifetime" say, platinum status (*A Gold) or just "lifetime validity of redeemable points". Am pasting the contents below.
99% sure we're talking miles expiration, not lifetime status.
If you're based in Asia, and don't mind switching to OW you could try becoming JAL Diamond and keep the OW Emerald status by "paying" 5 000 miles every year.
There might be a similar trick with NH to keep *A Gold every year, you should ask NH forum.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Smile

Originally Posted by koopa
99% sure we're talking miles expiration, not lifetime status.
If you're based in Asia, and don't mind switching to OW you could try becoming JAL Diamond and keep the OW Emerald status by "paying" 5 000 miles every year.
There might be a similar trick with NH to keep *A Gold every year, you should ask NH forum.

Thank you very very much for the quick reply. Yes I am based in East Asia

So I guess NH does NOT have a true lifetime status level we can achieve?

Regarding JL, are you referring to the JAL Global Club for non Japanese?

thank you again
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience

Regarding JL, are you referring to the JAL Global Club for non Japanese?
For JL, yes I was referring to JAL Global Club available for non-japanese residents.
NH as a similar feature when you can have *A Gold for ever as long as you have one particular cobranded ANA American Express Card. This card is supposed to be available only for residents of Japan, but who knows, maybe if you're not in Japan and know someone at Amex you can get it.
Another possibility for you is SkyTeam. It used to be possible to "purchase" Korean's lifetime Morning Calm status (Skyteam Elite Plus) by donating ~50k$ to a hospital belonging to the Korean Airlines holding. I've previously posted here on this method, not sure it's still available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.