FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Airline Status Match Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1352728-airline-status-match-master-thread.html)

SFO777 Apr 22, 2012 9:06 am

Originally Posted by oshelef (Post 18439874)
No challenge is a nice change. Did you do this through the premier match website? Or did you do something else?

I just emailed my request with a pdf of my EXP card to [email protected]

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 18434693)
Proof that they will still status match. Being based out of SFO doesn't hurt. However, they now operate from AA's old digs, which are so dumpy.

I actually used my Reno office address.

carwag25 Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18434646)
The confirmation note claimed "...Premier Platinum is equivalent to the Executive Platinum status that you currently hold with American Airlines..." :D

This actually made me laugh out loud. Since when is UA Premier Plat equivalent to AA EXP? Wonder why their equivalent is not 1K as it should be?
Not to rain on your parade... congrats on the status match!

uxb Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by carwag25 (Post 18441299)
This actually made me laugh out loud. Since when is UA Premier Plat equivalent to AA EXP? Wonder why their equivalent is not 1K as it should be?
Not to rain on your parade... congrats on the status match!

Since United doesn't match to 1K.

Air Houston Apr 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 18442405)

Just as AA doesn't match EXP.

ma91pmh Apr 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Air Houston (Post 18442435)
Just as AA doesn't match EXP.

Currently no. But they did a run of 1k matches to EXP at the start of 2012

uxb Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 18442470)

True.

SFO777 Apr 24, 2012 4:56 pm

The saga continues...

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18434646)
Emailed UA a request on Monday, received a response three days later. I was expecting some type of challenge but UA (sort of) matched my EXP thru the end of 2012 (no minimum flying requirements) but only to Premier Platinum. The confirmation note claimed "...Premier Platinum is equivalent to the Executive Platinum status that you currently hold with American Airlines..." :D

Yesterday, I decided to write back to UA and tell them that their 1K status (not Premium Platinum) is equivalent to EXP and repeat my request for a match to 1K. Just received this amazing reply.

Hello Mr. SFO777,
We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you.
Thanks for writing.
United's Premier 1K status is the equivalent to American Airlines Concierge Key.
Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus® program!
Regards,
Name
MileagePlus

:eek::eek:

I just replied with this:

Hi Name:
Thanks for getting back to me.
But wow, are you serious?
American's Concierge Key is equivalent to United's Global Services and has nothing to do with Status Miles. They are both status based on revenue. They have nothing to do with status miles.
The highest elite status based on miles on United is 1K requiring 100,000 status miles.
The highest elite status based on miles on American is Executive Platinum requiring 100,000 status miles.
They are the equivalent.
If you don't (want to) match to 1K, just tell me. But please don't insult my intelligence by feeding me nonsense.
Sincerely,
SFO777

More to come, presumably. :rolleyes:

uxb Apr 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18454696)
Yesterday, I decided to write back to UA and tell them that their 1K status (not Premium Platinum) is equivalent to EXP and repeat my request for a match to 1K. Just received this amazing reply.

Hello Mr. SFO777,
We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you.
Thanks for writing.
United's Premier 1K status is the equivalent to American Airlines Concierge Key.
Regards,
Name
MileagePlus

:eek::eek:

I just replied with this:

Hi Name:
Thanks for getting back to me.
But wow, are you serious?
American's Concierge Key is equivalent to United's Global Services and has nothing to do with Status Miles. They are both status based on revenue. They have nothing to do with status miles.
The highest elite status based on miles on United is 1K requiring 100,000 status miles.
The highest elite status based on miles on American is Executive Platinum requiring 100,000 status miles.
They are the equivalent.
If you don't (want to) match to 1K, just tell me. But please don't insult my intelligence by feeding me nonsense.
Sincerely,
SFO777

More to come, presumably. :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying and everything, but why fight it? Are they giving you upgrades with your status match? If not, then it shouldn't make much of a difference since it is still *GLD. JW.

SFO777 Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 18455268)
I understand what you are saying and everything, but why fight it? Are they giving you upgrades with your status match? If not, then it shouldn't make much of a difference since it is still *GLD. JW.

Why not fight it? With EXP and DM, I'm not going to fly UA other than SFO-DEN unless they match to 1K. And I don't really care about *G as I'm more concerned with domestic travel. Plus I'm intrigued by the continuing blatant lies. They are either really stupid or think I'm really stupid. Hey, if they won't match to 1K, just tell me. Don't make up something, again and again.

DHalltheway Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 18442405)

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 18442470)

They don't match, but they still do 1K challenges.

SFO777 Apr 25, 2012 11:03 am

OK, now was it really that hard to say you only match EXPs to Premier Platinum without trying to blow smoke up my toosh, twice. :rolleyes:

Hello Mr. SFO777,
Our Global Services is not a status. It is an invitation only program to some of our most financially valuable members that may or may not fly over 100,000 miles in a year. Our Premier 1K status members are our members that fly at least 100.000 miles in a year. Our Premier Platinum members fly at least 75,000 miles each year. This is the category we match for American Airlines Executive Platinum members. Only Concierge Key members are matched to Premier 1K status.
Don't hesitate to contact us again if there’s any other way we can help.

Regards,
Name2
MileagePlus

uxb Apr 25, 2012 11:11 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18459117)
OK, now was it really that hard to say you only match EXPs to Premier Platinum without trying to blow smoke up my toosh, twice. :rolleyes:

Hello Mr. SFO777,
Our Global Services is not a status. It is an invitation only program to some of our most financially valuable members that may or may not fly over 100,000 miles in a year. Our Premier 1K status members are our members that fly at least 100.000 miles in a year. Our Premier Platinum members fly at least 75,000 miles each year. This is the category we match for American Airlines Executive Platinum members. Only Concierge Key members are matched to Premier 1K status.
Don't hesitate to contact us again if there’s any other way we can help.

Regards,
Name2
MileagePlus

Concierge Key is invite only as well, so that explanation wouldn't sit with me any better than the last explanation (despite the fact that I know they don't give 1K for EXPs). :confused:

WilcoRoger May 3, 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Gamecock (Post 18402422)
Airberlin will staus match?
I did a search in vain, any details?

They had a status match campaign open for all comers until 31/Dec/2011. They match now ex-MA elites only - until 31/May/2012.

flashware May 3, 2012 7:54 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 18506111)
They had a status match campaign open for all comers until 31/Dec/2011. They match now ex-MA elites only - until 31/May/2012.

Which I was originally going to do but luckily don't need to now, my BD Silver matched over to BA Silver with the click of a button :cool:

mikelat May 3, 2012 7:28 pm

Was looking to match over to UA myslef to try it out. But if they won't match EXP to 1K with upgrades (compared to AA offrering 1ks EXP + SWUs), then there its not compelling. If I don't have the option to re-qualify on UA using SWUs similar to re-qualifying on AA using SWUs, then there is no way I'll re-qual on UA. Guess I'll just use my freely comp'd status until end of status and then ignore UA. They had an opportunity to pull me from AA but lost it with this move (although I' realize I'm probably not a high enough $$ passenger for them to care).