FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Airline Status Match Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1352728-airline-status-match-master-thread.html)

iszabo Mar 4, 2012 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who (Post 18102335)
You can pretty much forget CO since they will be gone in a few days. But my question would be why do you even want a match? You already have low tier elite status with two airlines so what do you gain by having a third?

BTW, it is more likely you will need to do a challenge instead of a match but there is much more info about UA over on their forum in this thread....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2010-a.html

I am going to fly with LH, UA, AC, US in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have even low tier status.

CMK10 Mar 5, 2012 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by iszabo (Post 18130442)
I am going to fly with LH, UA, AC, US in the next couple of weeks and it would be nice to have even low tier status.

Star Silver is worthless on LH (at least intra-Europe) and next to worthless on UA and US unless you plan to check bags. It doesn't even get you priority boarding on US.

solma Mar 9, 2012 9:32 am

Match with BA

Does any know how i can match my United 1K to BA gold

thanks

Solma

dee91 Mar 9, 2012 1:09 pm

do they have a method of verifying your status?

noobflyeree Mar 10, 2012 8:05 am

any possible CX/VA to *A

Hi all, first post and I am from Australia,

I have marco polo diamond / virgin velocity platinum.

Due to work agreements we have changed our preferred carriers I have to now travel about 6-10 times to mainly to singapore and bangkok on either SQ or thai airways and it must be on economy! :|

any suggestions on how and which airline in *A i can match to?

Shanye2233 Mar 10, 2012 8:26 am

I went into the sydney office a few days ago filled out the application and showed my velocity platinum , they said they match with ROP gold. I'm waiting for it to show in my account.

Contact name was Julie. I think I send her an email to [email protected] .

SuperFlyBoy Mar 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Has anyone had any experience matching from SEN, UA*G or Jet Platinum to Qatar Gold? (or any other status match to QR?)

mikelat Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

What are the current UA match/challenge options? I"m EXP on AA but some of the UA/CO flights seem like they may work better for me. Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change. (As EXP on AA I've not missed an upgrade in over 3 years). Wondering if my luck will be the same on UA/Co and if I'll be able to get INTL upgrade certificates/clearance at time of booking. Any thoughts?

LGA Mar 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat (Post 18241668)
What are the current UA match/challenge options? I"m EXP on AA but some of the UA/CO flights seem like they may work better for me. Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change. (As EXP on AA I've not missed an upgrade in over 3 years). Wondering if my luck will be the same on UA/Co and if I'll be able to get INTL upgrade certificates/clearance at time of booking. Any thoughts?

Ha ha.

HA HA!

Oh, if it weren't so sad, I might roll on the floor... Check out this thread: "Abandoning 1Ks"

I've already missed more upgrades on UA this year than all of last year. 1K ain't what it used to be...

SFO777 Mar 20, 2012 10:52 pm

You may want to visit the UA forum before you take the plunge.

JackDaniels Mar 21, 2012 4:24 am

Has anyone had any success with status matches from Cathay Pacific's Diamond status?

briankjohnson Mar 21, 2012 5:45 am

...Tempted to try out UA/CO but wondering how much I'll have to suffer in non F seats in my change.... Any thoughts?

Like the other posters said, United is pretty much a joke right now. I sat on hold for a 1K agent, on the dedicated line, for just over an hour an a half to make a simple change that couldn't be done online, so although I'm sure you could get matched to 1K (since many are leaving), I'm not so sure you'll even get through. ...and you'll likely not get upgraded on many flights (they sell them for $69 & up until the day of departure, without upgrading 1Ks, IME. :td:)

I wish you the best, let us know if you decide to give it a shot anyway and what happens!

HCA Mar 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Data point:

I matched to Alaska MVP gold last Aug and it expired last Dec.
They told me the match has to be done Oct or after to get the matched status valid for the next year.

Lost 4 AS MVP Gold upgrades in the hard way :(

mfgr Mar 27, 2012 3:17 am

any Skyteam SM's from Oneworld?

manhattan92 Mar 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Turkish Airlines Status Match?

I am trying to get a status match on TK now that my status on the new United has become a hell of just trying to get credit for miles, credentials mailed to me, 45 minutes on hold, etc. I have tried to email TK but they think I am trying to get duplicate miles on them! I am so ready to leave UA where I earned over 1.5 million miles. Thanks for any guidance.