FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Airline Status Match Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1352728-airline-status-match-master-thread.html)

weezl Jun 8, 2020 11:01 pm

NVM, campaign ended and did not include UA

AHC96 Jun 9, 2020 2:05 am

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 32441369)

UA and TK are both *A members.

mlqsko Jun 9, 2020 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by weezl (Post 32441369)

Someone mentioned they got matched AS 75k to QR Gold :) AS obviously was never on the list.

Jonesdds Nov 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Status match to Starlux and United

I was thinking of doing this to Starlux as I'm hoping to do some travel to Asia once things get back to normal. If they go forward with the long haul flights to US I may try them, they sound like a great airline and I've been wanting to visit Taipei as well. It's good for four years and should be their top tier from AA exec plat. They require, though, a document showing a flight taken with the flight number, origin and destination and my name and other information. Is there a simple way to get this information? I don't see a way online to get it at all. Also, they want a copy front and back of my AA Exec plat card but I don't believe AA gave out cards last year(or I can't find it) and they won't this coming year as I understand it. Wondering if anyone has successfully completed this match and what they used.

I'm also considering a match to United domestically. With Delta our of SBA and the poor flight times and layovers with AA from SBA I think it might be my best option. Are they currently doing status matches? I did a match about 5 years ago with them, I don't think they have lifetime language but not sure what they would allow at this point.

onobond Nov 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 32822077)
I was thinking of doing this to Starlux as I'm hoping to do some travel to Asia once things get back to normal. If they go forward with the long haul flights to US I may try them, they sound like a great airline and I've been wanting to visit Taipei as well. It's good for four years and should be their top tier from AA exec plat. They require, though, a document showing a flight taken [insert here] with the flight number, origin and destination and my name and other information. Is there a simple way to get this information? I don't see a way online to get it at all. Also, they want a copy front and back of my AA Exec plat card but I don't believe AA gave out cards last year(or I can't find it) and they won't this coming year as I understand it. Wondering if anyone has successfully completed this match and what they used.

I'm also considering a match to United domestically. With Delta our of SBA and the poor flight times and layovers with AA from SBA I think it might be my best option. Are they currently doing status matches? I did a match about 5 years ago with them, I don't think they have lifetime language but not sure what they would allow at this point.

Sorry mate, but wasn't the flight documentation to certify that you were a 'regular' on the Taiwan route? My 'insert here' marks replaced by 'to/from Taiwan' is what the info said on the three blogs I read, forwarding the Starlux info on this topic

Jonesdds Nov 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 32824160)
Sorry mate, but wasn't the flight documentation to certify that you were a 'regular' on the Taiwan route? My 'insert here' marks replaced by 'to/from Taiwan' is what the info said on the three blogs I read, forwarding the Starlux info on this topic

Nothing I read in this blog: https://onemileatatime.com/starlux-c...-status-match/ or on the application point to flights on their airline. It states "other" airline on application, meaning the airline I'm matching from. Granted Ben from the blog had flown them but nothing I'm reading indicates that's a necessity....

The thing I can't figure out is how to actually get a flight record on AA to send to them.

mia Nov 17, 2020 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 32822077)
.... They require, though, a document showing a flight taken with the flight number, origin and destination and my name and other information....

The form requests: The other airline’s official flight record from the most recent year. (Departure date, origin and destination are required) I think this means they want to see all of your flight activity for 12 months, not just one flight.

Jonesdds Nov 18, 2020 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 32825346)
The form requests: The other airline’s official flight record from the most recent year. (Departure date, origin and destination are required) I think this means they want to see all of your flight activity for 12 months, not just one flight.

Maybe, it's unclear. One flight, 12 months, it's all not accessible it seems. Not sure what/how Lucky provided this, maybe keeps paper tickets in a file...

mia Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds (Post 32829554)
....12 months, it's all not accessible,,,,.

It looks as if aa.com will display activity back to 2018.

Jonesdds Nov 22, 2020 10:11 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 32835015)
It looks as if aa.com will display activity back to 2018.

I can't seem to get there mind showing me how? I also would need to print out a paper card, I also haven't been able to find where that is either

AHC96 Jan 11, 2021 4:20 am

Virgin Atlantic unveils sweetened status match offer for BA elites
British Airways Bronze ⇒ Flying Club Silver with any Premium or Upper Class booking
British Airways Silver ⇒ Flying Club Silver with a ticket booked in any cabin
British Airways Gold ⇒ Flying Club Gold with a ticket booked in any cabin.

Seems quite pointless that BAEC Silver is matched to Flying Club Silver. BA Silver and VS Silver are not equals, BA Silver is worth more, as with BA Silver you have lounge access but VS Silver doesn't, for example. Only Gold have access to the Clubhouse (not that it's of any used as it's closed in LHR).

oliver2002 Jan 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Interesting article ;)
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/airli...652883969-iT8p

united 1k flyer Feb 13, 2021 7:53 am

Hey y’all. So I have British airways silver. Does anyone know of any status match opportunity’s right now I could utilize. Thanks!

united 1k flyer Aug 6, 2021 8:01 pm

are any airlines matching to one world sapphire (not aa or Alaska) I couldn't find any!

AHC96 Oct 15, 2021 12:33 pm

ITA Airways is launching a status match to their 'Volare' programme.

Request your status matching in two simple steps:
  • If you are still not registered, sign up for the new program Volare
  • Send an email to [email protected] with the following characteristics:
    • Email subject: "program of origin" - "status of origin"
    • Body text: Name; Surname; "program of origin"; "status of origin"
    • Attach a legible copy of your current valid Frequent Flyer Card (digital or physical) and a copy of your ID card (pdf format, jpg)
Your request to match your membership status will be reviewed and you will be sent an email to confirm that your status has been recognized by December 31, 2021.

They will match to the following airlines: Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Air Europa, Air France/KLM, American Airlines, ANA, British Airways, Czech Airlines, Emirates, Iberia, Korean Air, Lufthansa, MEA, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, Saudia, Singapore Airlines, TAP, TAROM, Turkish Airways, United Airlines.

Their website is still incomplete and doesn't have much information about the Volare programme. Not even information about the tier levels or benefits.