Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Double miles help

Double miles help

Old May 21, 2012, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Double miles help

Hi guys, I am currently visiting India and injured my back badly. Thinking of flying business class but want to buy "Double miles" so the ticket is cheaper. I did it in past but this time I can't seem to find the promotion. Anyone, know if the promotion is going on with any airlines at this time or no ? Am I missing anything here ? Thanks for your help.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I'm not sure what promotion you are referring to.

A number of credit cards have promotions where you get extra miles on ticket purchases. Most airlines, if you have their branded credit card, will give you 2x miles on purchases on that airline - for example, if you have a Delta Skymiles card and buy a $2,000 ticket, you will get 4,000 points, not 2,000. Some non-branded cards give extra miles - Chase Sapphire Preferred gives 2x on travel, Amex Preferred Rewards Gold gives 3x on airfare.

Note that these are points for purchases, not miles flown. If you buy a $2,000 ticket to fly 10,000 miles, you will get bonuses based on 2000, not 10000.

These are nice incentives, but they won't make a huge huge dent in your ticket cost. Then again, since a paid business class ticket from India to the USA (is that where you live) could be quite pricey, getting the extra miles might be a nice bonus. However, you should at least consider trying to use miles to pay for the trip. Under many conditions, using miles for international business and first-class travel is the most efficient use of miles/points.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:51 am

I think your health should come first. You should contact your health insurance company first.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
any chance you can get elite status this year from the j ticket & other trips?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.