Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Whats the best F redemption IST - DTW - AMS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott

I need to go from Istambul to Detroit then back to Europe (Ams for simplicity).

I'm looking for 1 ticket, in F, departing June 10th and returning around the 5th of july.

I have DL, UA, Aeroplan, AMEX MR, AA, BA miles. Assuming I value them all about the same (DL about 70%), who would have the least expensive first class ticket?

Also, on the return, would it be roughly the same price if i made amsterdam a stop and dubai my destination? I would like to visit dubai and heard that there are some killer first class paid fares from Dubai.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 20, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
www.milez.biz

Useful site and you'll get your answer in seconds.
Old May 20, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
If you have 135k UA miles, you can fly LH F from DTW-IST via FRA RT.

That would be the least amount of $ out of pocket. Aeroplan imposes high fuel surcharges for the same award on LH F.

Delta miles can't be redeemed for F class, J is the highest you can go. With AA, you don't find anything from DTW to Europe without connecting domestically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.