Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

What word best describes people from this community?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What word best describes people from this community?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:21 pm

"Asperger's"?

I mean, consider the evidence:
characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL CO UA
Entitled.

Pompous.

Haughty.

and of course,

DYKWIA.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I've been called "one of those" by people I have met who have no concept of what we do but think it's all bad.

I have used the phrase, "Destination Consultant" on my resume and had people raise an eyebrow of interest and some of disbelief

I have been told I 'find loopholes' or that I'm an 'exploiter'...

I agree with Lin that we are 'FTers'

But most of all, for me, I like, "thinker."
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by 84fiero
I believe it was the Bard himself who declared that "A Flyertalker by any other name smells just as sweet..."

And they say I never paid attention in Literature class
After a 42-hour, 14,000 mile, 11-segment MR, your average FTer smells anything but sweet.

As for a description of FTers, I'd go with "sick and twisted (but in a good way)."

Mike
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
After a 42-hour, 14,000 mile, 11-segment MR, your average FTer smells anything but sweet.

As for a description of FTers, I'd go with "sick and twisted (but in a good way)."

Mike
lol... then here are some off the cuff sick and twisted timely lyrics fer ya'll--proving that what me wife calls me is the best word of all: DERANGED!:

On the 1st day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 2nd day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 3rd day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 4th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 5th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 5 HH Diamond accounts!
4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 6th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts!
4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 7th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 8th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 8 feet of legroom, 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 9th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course) 8 feet of legroom, 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 10th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 10,000 Starpoints, 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course) 8 feet of legroom, 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 11th Day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 1,100 gift cards (and a working, non-restricted Square account), 10,000 Starpoints, 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course) 8 feet of legroom, 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat

On the 12th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 12 million miles, 1,100 gift cards (and a working Square account), 10,000 Starpoints, 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course) 8 feet of legroom, 747 (not sure what else to put lol), 6 reclining positions, HH Diamond accounts! 4 lounge passes, 3 usb ports, 2 free blankets, an upgrade and an aisle seat
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:03 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ryanh_03
committed
Or should be,,,
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgary
Or should be,,,
haha good one!

<==== AM!
(And am writing to FT from my ward with limited net access as we speak! lol)

Am only let out to actually take flights.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
MM that is deranged, "in a good way". LOL! Love your lyrics to the 12 days of FT-ing.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:17 pm

myopically obsessive
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shadow1woman
MM that is deranged, "in a good way". LOL! Love your lyrics to the 12 days of FT-ing.
lol indeed!

I literally came up with those on the fly and other than edits, just banged it out as if... it was second nature. I am truly tapped and that's ok by me. When you can sometimes find ways to earn a biz class ticket a month thru promos and deals, why not BE tapped?

Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Sure - if you are paying.

Originally Posted by QL_714
Replace "Thinkers" with "Loaders".
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:28 pm

awesome
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
I prefer 'mileage junkie'
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Hey MM we found your luggage. Nine identical Samsonite airBalticBags with free check in for a year! You can pick them up and fly them free anytime you find yourself in Latvia.

http://www.airbalticshop.com/en/shop...al-offers/3326

[QUOTE=Marathon Man;17656604]On the 9th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course)[QUOTE]
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=AlohaDaveKennedy;17671040]Hey MM we found your luggage. Nine identical Samsonite airBalticBags with free check in for a year! You can pick them up and fly them free anytime you find yourself in Latvia.

http://www.airbalticshop.com/en/shop...al-offers/3326

[QUOTE=Marathon Man;17656604]On the 9th day of FT-ing my true love gave to me... 9 piece set of baggage (all free luggage check of course)ahhh good
thanks!

I have been kickin myself I didnt try to bring them all on the plane instead!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.