Wiki Posts
Search

The Cartera Comedy Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
Talking The Cartera Comedy Club

Seen the Dividend Miles Storefront from Cartera?

I was about to suggest buying pizza for miles on Now for Something Completely Different, but then I looked closely at the offer with 700% taxes and a 1500% tip. Cartera has one big sense of humor!

https://www.dividendmilesstorefront.com

Store Details for Dominos Pizza
Domino's delivers fresh, quality pizzas every time.In-Store Offer Details
Earn up to 144 miles
How to Earn
Earn even more award miles automatically when you shop at participating retail locations using your registered credit or debit card. Earning has never been easier!
Additional Information
144 Miles with a minimum purchase of $50.
Store Website
Terms and Conditions: Offer can be used an unlimited number of times.* 144 Miles if purchased on or after 6/25/2011 and a minimum purchase of $50 has been made.* Offer includes a tax rate of 700%.* Offer includes a tip rate of 1500%. Disclaimer: Through your access to and use of this content, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We have made every effort to provide quality products and services. The products listed here have been made available by the provider listed. As such, we have no control over the quality of the products or services rendered. We shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, delay or any other claim which may arise from the actions or omissions of any business, the employees of said business, or other individuals providing products or other related services referenced herein. We do not warrant the products provided or the services performed. There are no warranties made by us, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. To the extent that the offer described here differs from the offer authorized by the provider, we reserve the right to correct the offer. You agree to use only the corrected offer.Our distribution channels and the products listed thereon are subject to change without notice. Merchants welcome your patronage subject to the terms indicated above.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:16 am

With any other company I would say it was a misplaced decimal point. With Cartera, I suspect it is the actual offer.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Oh Cartera, what will you think of next?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:48 am

I'm sure the local, state, and federal governments will appreciate the bailout.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"It's Domino's Fault"
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
"It's Domino's Fault"

I think I just figured out their strategy:

Anyone who ate $50 worth of Domino's pizza wouldn't live to complain about the miles not posting/posting incorrectly, so they can make any offer they like!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:45 am

That's it.

I am starting a company that competes with Cartera,

Now hiring consultants, developers, and marketing reps.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by factory81
Now hiring consultants, developers, and marketing reps.
http://piratesforparties.com/monkey_...hday_party.htm
Old Nov 14, 2011, 4:22 pm

What do u you figure the 144 miles are worth in pizza equity? I'm thinking one-quarter of a pepperocini.

Last edited by Ritz; Nov 14, 2011 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
.... Speechless.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
This makes me just roll my eyes, toss my hands up and sigh. Cartera grabbed up all the airlines and what's really strange is that the other day when I got the email stating they now have the Div Miles one, I was like huh?

So I went ON the US Air and the mall shown there was still the version that FreeCause managed!! BOTH malls existed for at least a day there!!

Not that FC are any saints, but at least for piddly mall transactions between 1 and 1,500 miles per purchase, they post your mileage with relative ease and timing, AND they did well during the entire GS promo.

Now Cartera comes in, grabs this and you just KNOW that anyone who bought anything from the mall for GS promo at the last minute will be screwed for a hit. It just somehow wont work out, I know it!

As well, next year's GS will be a freakin' mess! Mark my words on that one, mates! They'll revamp the mall site like mid-GS promo or something.

These people are jokers. They say they are overwhelmed and yet they get more and more malls from all the airlines. It IS a virtual monopoly! Both in terms of 'almost having everyone' and in terms of being only reachable online and not live!

I am so going to the AGs office with everything I have already in terms of missing and messed up mileage across the board. Now that it IS all in one company, my case will be more clear. I will try to cite these fools for taking over the gamut and not even being able to handle it. And they have no intent on paying out. They can just act too busy to help!

In the mean time I think I need to buy a boat load of pizza JUST to see if they pay out the mileage! haha

MM
Old Nov 14, 2011, 6:57 pm

Based on the tax rate, I should be able to write off the whole purchase, right?

Somebody with a lot of time on their hands and lots of disposable income please do something to put these jokers out of business.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Based on the tax rate, I should be able to write off the whole purchase, right?

Somebody with a lot of time on their hands and lots of disposable income please do something to put these jokers out of business.
I am in part able to fit that description. I also live near their MA offices
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:54 pm

Cartera is everything one shouldn't do to be a trustworthy business. The amount of "errors" they make is amazing. I think they play some sort of a sick and twisted lunatic "insert random #'s here" game with random offers and get amusement out of the chaos it generates.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Cartera never seizes to amaze me. If you look at their executive team you have the impression that they are a capable, educated company.

Then you see the reality of how they operate and you wonder why any VC angel every gave them a penny.

Many we should contact the VCs and tell them about all this. I can promise you Cartera is doing everything they can to hide the truth from the investors...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.