Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX GLD biz 75K (not targeted but expires Nov 3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:50 am
nsr
Original Poster

http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...d/pm0004/43211

Seems like a one-day only offer (must apply no later than Nov 3)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:36 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
interesting..

1 Earn triple points on airfare (Bonus ID 5986) and double points on advertising (Bonus ID 5988), shipping (Bonus ID 5987) and gas (Bonus ID 5989) on the first $100,000 of eligible purchases in each category each calendar year, and single points thereafter. The $100,000 purchase cap resets for each of the four categories each calendar year. Only for airfare purchases on all scheduled U.S. and international passenger airlines, and charges at U.S. stand-alone gas and commercial fuel stations, courier, postal, and freight services, and media, graphic design, tradeshows and advertising services are eligible for bonus points. Purchases made for advertising, shipping and gas outside of the United States will earn single points. Charges at tour operators, charter flights, superstores or warehouse clubs will also earn single points. The merchant must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant or industry code for you to receive double or triple points. You will earn a single point on all other eligible purchases. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents. Membership Rewards® program terms apply; visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).

2 To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 7616 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 3rd, 2011, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 150 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 75,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

3 Purchase Protection is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0951 or Policy PP-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.

4 Extended Warranty is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0953 or Policy EW-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.

5 Coverage is limited to 90 days from purchase, up to $300 per item and up to a maximum of $1,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year. Shipping and handling charges will not be reimbursed. Subject to additional terms, conditions and exclusions.

6 OPEN Savings®: Savings range from 3% to 10%. Payment must be made with an American Express® Business Card at the time of purchase; savings will be credited to your account. If purchases that received the OPEN Savings discount are refunded, the OPEN Savings discount will be reversed and debited from your account. Please review your monthly Cardmember statement in order to confirm proper crediting of returns. If you believe that returns have not been properly credited to your account, please call the number on the back of your Card. Other restrictions or limitations may apply. Subject to offer terms and conditions located at open.com/opensavings. Merchant participation and offers are subject to change without notice.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Very tempting! I'll probably have to pass since I'm still working on about $5k spend reqs.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by nsr
http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...d/pm0004/43211

Seems like a one-day only offer (must apply no later than Nov 3)
Got at least one and maybe two. Said to call in for the wife, so probably just have to verify. thanks!

Edit: Also added the Chase Sapphire and Chase SW business card, so total 175k each for the wife and I if all three are approved. Not bad since our stash has gone from over a million to around 350k.

Last edited by leftpinky; Nov 3, 2011 at 2:47 am
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:37 am

Gah, just applied under the 50K points offer two days ago. Email sent to the secure message center, will report back.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
how strict do you think they are about: Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer.

i already have a business gold card for a different company
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
ah, that spending requirement is too much. Otherwise i would jump at this.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by ekartash
how strict do you think they are about: Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer.

i already have a business gold card for a different company
Similar question. I have the SPG Amex Business card. About to apply for this one wondering if I'm wasting my time.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by greendx
Similar question. I have the SPG Amex Business card. About to apply for this one wondering if I'm wasting my time.
no conflict with that card. Apply away
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: DL FO
Will someone PM me the details of how to apply for the Amex business cards without having a business? Thanks in advance
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, CC Gold, AA, BA, UA
I am considering making this my first Amex card. If eventually I end up with multiples, are all of the membership rewards points combinable between accounts?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, SPG PL
I have an old amex gold business. can i cancel it and apply for this offer? has anyone tried that before?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by evan410
I am considering making this my first Amex card. If eventually I end up with multiples, are all of the membership rewards points combinable between accounts?
Actually they are automatically combined as long as they are registered in the same online account.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM
Originally Posted by bitachu
Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer.
Interesting that it says "existing" instead of something like "limited to first-time card holders." For those of us who had and cancelled an OPEN Gold Card (in my case a couple of months ago) - do we think that makes us eligible?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
If only there was a way to put my payroll expenses on here. BAM! Minimum spend = met!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.