Need BLOG feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:06 pm
Used to be 'slotownmomma'
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list!
Need BLOG feedback

Hello Fellow Flyertalkers!!

I have started a blog and I need some experts feedback. I'd really appreciate the feedback of anyone who is willing to just check out my site and shoot me a quick PM or leave a comment.
Lots of great feedback from friends but they aren't really experts in this hobby!

Check me out @ www.milesmomma.com

Thank you anyone out there who comes and visits!!! Much appreciated!!!

P.S.
I hope I've posted this in the right place. Couldn't figure out where else to ask for help.

Last edited by milesmomma; Oct 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:38 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thread belongs more in milesbuzz forum. Good luck with your blog !

Sweet Willie
co-moderator Community Buzz
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:36 pm

My comment: It looks well organized and well done. HOWEVER, I went to your site and some guy started yelling very loudly at me about Hawaii. This is a deal breaker for me (seriously).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Cool blog - I like your concept of a 'Resources' section. It's truly helpful.

Here are my two comments:

1) Your blog's sub title ends with "...one mile at a time," which is the name of another boardingarea blog done by Lucky (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime), so I'm not sure if you want to keep that.

2) From a design standpoint, I would make the font just a little smaller since I seem to be doing a lot of scrolling.

Otherwise, good job and good luck!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: No preference
I was about to say that you should have been a little more creative. Your website tagline claims one mile at a time (lucky), your facebook page logo is similar to frugaltravelguy's website banner, and your premise is similar to mommy points. Granted you have posts dating back to 2010, which I think is dated older than mommy points, so I'll give ya that one.

Maybe a little more consistency in text. Kinda distracting.

Good luck with future postings!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:32 pm

Please stop with the music playing on page load - this is not 1998.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lrluis
1) Your blog's sub title ends with "...one mile at a time," which is the name of another boardingarea blog done by Lucky (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemileatatime), so I'm not sure if you want to keep that.
The phrase "one mile at a time" is hardly original and neither blog could really ever claim it originated the phrase nor could it claim "ownership" of any kind. A search on Google reveals more than 600,000 Web pages with the phrase "one mile at a time".

It wasn't original on either blog.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
So we now have Mommy Points and Miles Momma?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:04 pm

Enough people have said and I'll say it again. Please turn that music OFF. Annoying. I left the site as soon as that thing started playing.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by aegt123
Enough people have said and I'll say it again. Please turn that music OFF. Annoying. I left the site as soon as that thing started playing.
+1
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'll agree, the audio has got to go. Many people (not me, of course) like to browse the internet while at work, and it's pretty embarrassing when sound suddenly starts booming across the office. If you absolutely must have sound, then there should be an easy-to-find mute/stop button on the page to silence it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by swag
I'll agree, the audio has got to go. Many people (not me, of course) like to browse the internet while at work, and it's pretty embarrassing when sound suddenly starts booming across the office. If you absolutely must have sound, then there should be an easy-to-find mute/stop button on the page to silence it.
You are going too easy. Instead of easy to find mute - don't start playing at all.
The sound adds ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the blog. If you must have sound, move the blog to myspace!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123
+2
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Nice blog, clean design. Glad you got rid of the music. Perhaps reduce the font so people can get more info on 1 page (instead of constantly scrolling).
Old Nov 1, 2011, 2:01 am

Is this a copy and paste blog? I clicked on the SPG category posts and saw this under March 19:

"Loyalty Traveler 5-keys rating means I think this Starwood Resorts sweepstakes is likely one of the best travel prizes you will see offered in 2011.
This promotion is part of the launch of a new spg.com/resorts website for photos and brief descriptions of more than 200 Starwood Resorts organized in a variety of categories like SPG members’ favorites, travel professionals’ favorites, award-winning resorts, newest resorts, spas, honeymoon, islands, golf, ski and more."

"Loyalty Traveler Analysis:

Remember to enter every day through April 14.
Choose the most expensive resort for each entry. If you win, then you can always change to any other resort in the list for each resort category prize. You can always trade laterally to an equally expensive resort or trade down later, but you can’t trade up to a more expensive resort."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.