Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 6:55 am

question

Hello,

Thank you everyone for the wonderful post. I am learning lot of stuff in a very short time.

Question - Amex permier rewards card bump to 75K - How to get 75K by transfering miles to CO? I already have 62K in onpass acount and would love to get another 75K.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by HansGolden
You're definitely well-positioned to get some CC bonuses. At this point, I'd suggest applying for all of these on the same day:
If you apply on the same day, none of the requests will see the other requests, so you should be good to go! Always apply for cards in batches every 3-6 months. If you get approved for all of the above (and I think you will), then you would have 150K AA and 125K CO. That's enough for a business class ticket to Europe on Star Alliance (with Continental miles). With AA miles 2.5 trips in domestic First to Cancun or 6 off-peak coach tickets to Cancun or 4+ on-peak coach trips to Cancun.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CivicDriver
I looked at this website a number of times and don't see anything specific about redeeming award travel. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for but I don't see it... (sorry for being so slow )

Also, would anyone be willing to reply to this message or PM with ideas for getting spending up? The Citi 75K deal x2 is extra appealing but I don't see myself spending $5,500 in a few months. $1,500... yes. But, not $5,500. As I mentioned in my original post, I'm in college... no mortgage... no car loan... not a lot going on right now. Just buying gas, groceries, clothes, going out to eat, etc.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
CivicDriver, I'm in college as well and finished the minimum spend on those two Citi cards and the Chase Sapphire Preferred card recently. Do you have any insurance (car) that you have to pay soon? How about textbooks? How about rent at your apartment? Do you pay your tuition by loan or cash? If cash, then see if the school accepts credit cards without a service fee unless it's reasonable. You should look at the thread that shows ways of reaching minimum spend without the Mint's Direct Program. Ask your parents if you could pay their bills (mortgage, insurance, etc.) while giving you the cash or check of the same amount.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ramamosn
Hello,

Thank you everyone for the wonderful post. I am learning lot of stuff in a very short time.

Question - Amex permier rewards card bump to 75K - How to get 75K by transfering miles to CO? I already have 62K in onpass acount and would love to get another 75K.

Thanks.
I believe you'd have to sign into your MR account and choose the transfer option in the Redemptions area. As the other poster mentioned, you have to do it by September 30 before transfers to CO ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.