Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to transfer from Qantas miles to another airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:44 am
Original Poster

How to transfer from Qantas miles to another airline

Hi I have around 35,000 Qantas airmiles and I would like to use them. Is there a way to use these miles in the USA. I live in US and can't find a way to use these miles. Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Kyprain
Hi I have around 35,000 Qantas airmiles and I would like to use them. Is there a way to use these miles in the USA. I live in US and can't find a way to use these miles. Thanks
You can book on Qantas's partner airlines (AA, Alaska). The awards are distance based but you'll be able to get a round trip if you're not going too far. It might help if you provide more details about your travel plans.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:57 am

Also, this doesn't belong in the MilesBuzz forum. Can a moderator please move it to the Qantas forum?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

I live in North Dakota and can only fly from FAR. anytime I want to fly I can't use Qantas yet they say they are partners with AA. AA flies from FAR so I was hoping to move my miles to AA or UA or just use them on something else. when I go into there website I cant order anything from the store, if you live in USA.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
both aa & qf say no?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by Kyprain
I live in North Dakota and can only fly from FAR. anytime I want to fly I can't use Qantas yet they say they are partners with AA. AA flies from FAR so I was hoping to move my miles to AA or UA or just use them on something else. when I go into there website I cant order anything from the store, if you live in USA.
No, you really can book AA flights with your QF miles. They are partners with AA, and you don't need to buy anything from a store. Just search for awards on the Qantas site.

You should also read up in the Qantas forum, not here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.