Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis Pref, DL Silver, National EE
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I know it says 1750 total points on the linked landing page, and my 2-day rental said 1750 on my Avis receipt, but for whatever reason, mine posted at BW as 2000 points, and furthermore as 2 night credits, thus counting toward elite status! ^

I've only done one rental with this promo so far, so cannot say whether it's how it regularly works or a one-time fluke. (It's also the first time I've credited any rental to Best Western.)
I used this for an upcoming trip. How long after your rental did it post to BW?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by royalbrett
How long after your rental did it post to BW?
A bit under two weeks (on a Friday, when the rental had been completed on a Sunday morning two weeks earlier). Please note: In case they only do this once a week or whenever (many partner transfers are that way), it could take longer or shorter depending on what day of the week you return it. But I don't know what their posting schedule is, I only have my one anecdote.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 6:44 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by roknroll
One of my rentals just posted, after contacting Hertz through their contact form through their website yesterday. I never received a response, but this morning the miles are there. The posting date on my MP account is July 20, even though they just showed up today. Not 100% sure which rental posted, as I had a rental on Jul 6/7 and a rental on Jul 20/21. I sent two separate messages to Hertz for each of those rentals. All of my rentals were booked through the link, so I can't report if it still posts when not using the link, and only using the CDP.

Shows up as HERTZ UNITED.COM BONUS 1000 on my MP activity.
I also had a 7/20 rental show up w/1K bonus about week ago-I used the link. I might add, w/UA's recently introduced "Maximise your miles" promo, coupled w/the HZ 100 pts per rental promo, you can boost both your HZ and UA accounts quite nicely.^ And it might get better if Hertz decides to match National's 1-2 free promo which they just offered again.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Q4 promotions

Have any come out yet? Looking for discount codes to use over Thanksgiving. It seems that all the discounts available have "met their quota".
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying chef
Have any come out yet? Looking for discount codes to use over Thanksgiving. It seems that all the discounts available have "met their quota".
Did you look at post 1 of this thread (where all the promotions are listed in one list)? Tons of them expire Dec 31, so even though they may have started on (or some even before) Q3, they will also be good for Q4. So if you're looking for promotions good in Q4, just look in post 1 for ones that end after the time you're trying to rent. There's no shortage of promos that are currently slated to run through the end of the year.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
HERTZ ONE 1000 bonus miles - United

Has anyone besides myself experienced problems getting the 1000 bonus United miles posting to their accounts for the one day Hertz rental?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you look at post 1 of this thread (where all the promotions are listed in one list)? Tons of them expire Dec 31, so even though they may have started on (or some even before) Q3, they will also be good for Q4. So if you're looking for promotions good in Q4, just look in post 1 for ones that end after the time you're trying to rent. There's no shortage of promos that are currently slated to run through the end of the year.

I've looked at several of them. I called National today and found out that with most of their promotions the "quotas" have been met and that the codes were no longer valid.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:04 pm

FYI -- a Hertz/AA promo I just found on Google:

http://offer.hertz.com/offers/index....uble_miles.jsp

"Up to 35% off" and double AA miles, good through March 31, 2012. Minimum 1 day rental.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by kaaria
Has anyone besides myself experienced problems getting the 1000 bonus United miles posting to their accounts for the one day Hertz rental?
There are several other posters who have reported having issues. Please check previous posts on this very thread. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Amtrak/Hertz triple miles http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=002&cust=AMGRTRP&cm_mmc=Amtrak-_-Triple_Points-_-AMGRTRP-_-null - exp. Mar 31, 2012 min 1 day

Sorry for the malformatted post - not used to the iOS FT app
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying chef
I've looked at several of them. I called National today and found out that with most of their promotions the "quotas" have been met and that the codes were no longer valid.
You didn't mention before that you were specifically interested in National promos. I was only glancing at the top of list, and noticed that a whole bunch of "hot" promos ended Dec 31, also scrolled down to look at all of Avis and saw a bunch of promos there ending Dec 31, and that was enough to answer your originally-phrased question about promos for Nov in general (not specific to any particular rental company).

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with National. At Avis, I don't remember them pulling codes early very often, and I also know that when you enter a coupon code while making your reservation online it'll say "coupon accepted" or otherwise it'll say it's declined or something to that effect.

At any rate, back to your original question: Car rental companies rarely announce promos far ahead of time. So I wouldn't expect any of them to be now announcing promos that will start in October or November. They'll at most announce promos that start now (or very soon) and continue through then. So if there was a list of promos that started in Q4, it'd be empty now and for several weeks to come.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:55 pm

The UA/Hertz 35% off and 1k Mileage Plus bonus seems to have been extended until September 30. http://www.hertzft.com/united/
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Ispolkom
The UA/Hertz 35% off and 1k Mileage Plus bonus seems to have been extended until September 30. http://www.hertzft.com/united/
Awesome! Most my rentals are 1 days, and the promos are pretty garbage for those. This is by far my favorite!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:14 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by kaaria
Yes, we had a rental about two months ago that is still missing the 1,000 miles. I plan to follow-up soon, but I'm not holding my breath...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I have sent messages to Hertz and have had a few different responses:
  1. August 8: I sent 3 separate messages regarding 3 separate rentals where I used this promotion. Rental dates were Jul 6, Jul 20, and Aug 3. I hadn't even seen the base 50 miles post. I got no response, but the next day the 1,000 miles posted for one reservation and the posting date was back dated to 20JUL.
  2. August 18: Sent off 2 more messages to check again on the 06JUL and 03AUG rentals.
  3. August 23: Received a response back basically stating terms and conditions of the offer. No confirmation on whether I should receive the miles or not. They did say that rentals concluded in August will be sent to United the following month (September). I assume this was in response to my inquiry about the 03AUG rental.
  4. August 31: I received a response back from one of my messages sent on the 8th (first message sent) regarding the 06JUL rental. They said that they have requested the 1k UA miles for this rental. Haven't seen them posted but seems like they are coming.

I have 2 other rentals that were completed after my inquiry dates (17AUG and 23AUG), and I haven't sent a message asking about those. I have seen the 50 miles posted for the 03AUG rental and the 17AUG rental. Those are the only 50 mile postings I have received (none for the July rentals and the last Aug rental).

Since they said August rentals will get sent to United in September, I will wait until the end of September to pursue it more. But this has become a real mess it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.